RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Brake controller with Stabilitrak?

I just upgraded my TV - actually didn't upgrade for the towing capacity but because I ran out of seats in my Safari, but either way we bought a 2007 Chevy Express 3500. It has the tow package, so it's already wired up for my trailer, but it doesn't ...

el_jefe1 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Eva Dry dehumidifier units

Has anyone used the Eva Dry dehumidifier units in their RV that is in storage during the hot humid summer? If so, is it accurate that they will shut off automatically and never allow any liquid to come out of them? I'd hate to set them on carpet or f...

Vista Shade !!!!!

Received our vista shade today. So pleased with the construction and ease in use. We ran it into the awning rail in about five minutes. Zippered the other half into it and what a difference. Comes with stakes, light hangers and a nice bag. For t...

twins89 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Manufacturer Tours

We're planning a trip that includes northern Indiana. Wondering if anyone has information on plant tours. I think we will be staying in the Howe, Goshen area. Also, do any of the manufacturers have campground facilities at or near their plants to ...

facory by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Found a definite cure for mice...

Back in late May, after I moved my rig to store it until the weather gets cooler, I unwittingly found a definitely cure for a mice problem.Around Memorial Day, the Central Texas area not just had floods, but some twisters. One ripped through nearby,...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing with a new vehicle

Ok, it appears I may be closer to a new vehicle for daily use.Either a 2015 F150 with the 5.0 or Chevy 1500 with the 5.3. Either would be new off the lot. We are planning a holiday where we would be towing our 32' 7000lb trailer for over 2000km on ...

Shogun by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

New to forum with towing capacity questions

Hi all:My husband and I are in the process of researching travel trailers. We would be towing it with a 2015 Ford 150 3.5L Eco Boost Super Crew 5'5" bed/145 wheel base, axle 3.55. We went to a dealer today and of course were told we could tow just a...

Great RV Escapes - Scam ?

I keep getting messages from Great RV Escapes and for $50 they will send you a few guides and a discount coupon for 50% off campground costs.Is this legit or is it a scam. Anybody heard of these people ?Thanks in advance for steering me in the right...

Arizona: Parking in the valley of shade

The summer sun of southern Arizona can be brutal on RV's. Fortunately we spend a lot of time up in the mountains beating the heat but when we return to our home north of Tucson the coach resides in the designated RV storage yard in our community. ...

Good experiences

Has anyone had a good experience or meet some one while camping that puts a smile on your face when you think back?... about 6 or 7 years ago, we were in Wells Maine setting up for the week. I noticed a few sites over someone had the same camper as o...

Anyone Use The Fold Up Wagons?

I got this on Amazon.com before our camping trip last weekend. It came in handy going to the lake beach which our chairs, cooler etc. We also took our bathroom supplies along to use the camp ground shower afterward. It far better than lugging every...

goreds2 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Saturn wags behind motorhome

I used to tow a Geo Metro with non power steering. It got into an oscillation (waging violently) behind the motorhome after making a turn so often that I had to bungee the steering wheel at center position. I now tow a 2005 Saturn Vue with power st...