RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

BFG A/T KO2 Load Range E: what psi for towing?

So here is the backstory -- I drive a nice little Tacoma v6 4x4, and I tow a little 2500 lb. trailer. So why did I just buy a set of massive BF Goodrich All Terrain KO2 in Load Range E (LT 265/75R16)? I'm glad you asked! Here's why -- we often boo...

Wildfire jumps freeway

Highway 15.between Vegas and LA..this afternoon (Friday) wildfire jumped the Cajon Pass....no one injured my but man..scary...20 vehicles burned..two of them semi's.A good time to think...when would you shut'r down and run?Gary Haupt

shakey towing of jeep cherokee

I have seen comments from people (flyroddin) about towing a jeep. I have a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude. IT ALSO does shake intermittently when I go over a rough spot in the road at slow speeds. I have to come to a complete stop (blocking traffic)...

zskitj by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

2015 Keystone Passport Battery Drain

Hi All, We just got our new 2670BH Keystone Passport. I intend on dry camping and thus planned on adding a second 12V battery. Before I got around to it I noticed that my batter would be dead less than 24 hours after unplugging with nothing obviou...

JohnZurk by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

2-1/2" WD Shanks???

Who uses a 2-1/2" shank instead of the adapter sleeve, and what brand shank did you get for what brand hitch assembly?We have a Reese trunnion system, and wonder how their #54977 shank is? Or do you guys prefer a solid, welded shank over the cast sha...

Time to change the water heater anode?

I'm thinking maybe next time I won't wait quite this long. :SActually there is a little zinc left and the tank flushed out nice clean after spitting out the crumbled chunks. I'll be picking up another anode for a spare (about $20 at CW - Suburban p...

Egg shaped 'home'?

There is this article on CNN.com about this new mini-house design:http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/13/architecture/eco-capsule-nice-architects/?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iref=obinsite If you read the article, they are planning on mounting the Eg...

TPMS saves the day!

I was towing my rig north bound on I-75, just north of Macon, GA when I heard that dreaded "beeping" sound. I looked at my Pressure Pro TPMS and it showed low air in the left front trailer tire. I put on my flashers and pulled over before it went t...

Help me with roof project please!

It's a beautiful weekend, time to open up the can of worms and see what's going on in these soft spots under the roof of my RV.This is a 2002 Coachmen Pathfinder, Class C.I took all of the edges off, peeled of 4+ layers of dicor, caulk, crappy liquid...

Trailer sway

I recently bought a new 23-ft trailer, my old one was 18-ft. I have only taken it on one trip so far. I have noticed that this trailer has considerably more sway than the old one. I am set up with a WD hitch and a sway bar on the passenger side. ...

Wow! This has been a really GREAT day!

At the last minute we decided to go camping this week-end. We are currently at Timberlane Family Campground (Good Sam campground) in Anderson, Indiana, only about 14 miles from our house. This is a NICE campground, and great for a quick week-end get ...

Tent Thoughts

I'm posting this here in the General RVing forum rather than the tenting forum because I'd like some input from other RVrs on using a tent for additional sleeping space. For several years we owned a triple bunk bed travel trailer but once our boys r...

SoundGuy by Explorer
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

#Chattanooga

RIP The Marine brothers killed. Please keep them and their families in your prayers.Thank you. Semper Fi