cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

O Grill 100 from CW Help with hose for 20lb tank

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I have a O Grill 100 purchased from CW, works great on small cylinders. When I bought it in Sept I purchased a Mr Heater f273703-60 5 ft hose for use with my 20 LB tank.

I can not get it to work with the larger tank. Yes, there is gas in the tank. O Grill website is no help. Looked on CW site again today and this is the hose they say I need.

I read that you need to wait a few minutes for hose to fill up before trying to light it. I hooked it up yesterday and waited 15 minutes, no light up. Worked fine again on my small tank.

Short of a bad hose, which I would think would not be likely, only thing I can think of is there is a problem with my 20lb tank. I am going to try the one on my big gas grill today. Other than that I am at a loss.

Any suggestions? Grill has been used only 1 week so connections are clean and like new. Hose is new. Tank has gas and fitting opening has been covered so clean.

Thanks in advance
13 REPLIES 13

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry, I thought you said you had a "Q" 100 grill. Bet my solution will work none the less.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Forget all these other "cures" I have the REAL answer. I have had the same situation with mine. Mr. Heater hose and Weber Q grill. They will work together but not very often. The problem is the pin in the Weber gas fitting is too short to push open the needle valve on the hose. I've had mine work a couple times but only because I've tightened the fitting way too tight and managed to get it to open the valve. Thes two parts do not play well together. Get a hose from the grill dept at Wally World for ten bucks or so and it will solve your problem. I fought with the same combo as you for a couple years before I figured it out..

B.O.

I have the same grill and I gave you the exact solution..

B.O.

How do you figure you have the same grill if yours is a Weber and mine is the O Grill? Your solution may work but we do not have the same grill.

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
riven1950 wrote:
OP here.

Don't see how I am going through 2 regulators. Hose is straight from 20lb tank to grill, not tanks on TT.

Can't swap the ends on the hose as donn0128 suggest. Fitting on tank and grill are not same.

Old-Bicuit I tried opening slowly with grill valve off no solution. I leave it connected for 15 min and when I disconnect I get just a small spit of gas sound. Less than when I disconnect the small bottle.

Oldcoots I really don't want to remove the regulator if not necessary. Then I would not be able to use my small tanks, right?

Think I will try and call OGrill. Their website shows a hose as an accessory but no explanation or part number. Maybe I just need their hose or at least a different brand, even though CW says this one will work.

Thanks for all the replies, will post if and when I get a solution.

Was hoping someone with exact same grill was out there with a solution.
I have the same grill and I gave you the exact solution..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
OP here.

Don't see how I am going through 2 regulators. Hose is straight from 20lb tank to grill, not tanks on TT.

Can't swap the ends on the hose as donn0128 suggest. Fitting on tank and grill are not same.

Old-Bicuit I tried opening slowly with grill valve off no solution. I leave it connected for 15 min and when I disconnect I get just a small spit of gas sound. Less than when I disconnect the small bottle.

Oldcoots I really don't want to remove the regulator if not necessary. Then I would not be able to use my small tanks, right?

Think I will try and call OGrill. Their website shows a hose as an accessory but no explanation or part number. Maybe I just need their hose or at least a different brand, even though CW says this one will work.

Thanks for all the replies, will post if and when I get a solution.

Was hoping someone with exact same grill was out there with a solution.

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
I have same grill. I get gas to it, but it does not seem to be very high. is it possible the pin is only allowing very little gas to come in, sort of like turning a burner to low.
does removing regulator help.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Forget all these other "cures" I have the REAL answer. I have had the same situation with mine. Mr. Heater hose and Weber Q grill. They will work together but not very often. The problem is the pin in the Weber gas fitting is too short to push open the needle valve on the hose. I've had mine work a couple times but only because I've tightened the fitting way too tight and managed to get it to open the valve. Thes two parts do not play well together. Get a hose from the grill dept at Wally World for ten bucks or so and it will solve your problem. I fought with the same combo as you for a couple years before I figured it out..

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
My vote is for what Old-Biscuit said. Had that happen a few times.
Can you see the hose get stiff when you open the valve on the 20# tank?

Oldcoots
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry forgot attach my oldcoot@me.com

Oldcoots
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem, you will need to remove the regulator your Weber, if you send me an email I will send you the instructions on what you need to do

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
With hose connected to your 20# cylinder and grill make sure all burner valves are closed on grill then SLOWLY open valve on cylinder.

You should heard a click when 'ball valve' resets (excess flow device inside ACME nut).
Should only take couple seconds........and you should heard line 'charge' when first cracking valve open

If you open valve to fast the ball check will stay closed.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have had problems with several hoses over the years. I think the usual problem is the tit on the hose end does not fully push the ball open. I have a couple of hoses that wont work and one that works just fine. So I end up swapping that hose between the BBQ and stove.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Are you trying to go through 2 regulators? Can't do that. Doubt the length of the hose is a problem.