cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking in Nashville

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
I see lots of parking lots in the area around the Ryman Auditorium and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Are there any secrets we should know? Special lots? Places to avoid? Best times to drive in the city & find available parking? Also - I see meter box things - how do you pay - CC?

We'll be driving in from Seven Points CG and be there on weekdays.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
11 REPLIES 11

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
leggy wrote:
We used the library parking garage both times we were there. I can't remember the exact amount but it was less than ten for the day. It is a few blocks to the ryhman but we enjoyed the walk. The first time we went, we parked in one of the lots by Broadway and paid like $20 for 4 hours. A bartender in a honky tonk told us about the library.
Thanks! We've got the library parking marked on our map. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks to all who responded - it will surely make everything more easy!

href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
coolmom42 wrote:
There is parking scattered out all over the downtown area. Much of it is in garages and pay lots. Bring plenty of cash, that's the main thing to know. And make a note of where you park, or mark it on your GPS.

So far as traffic, my suggestion is to go in after 9 AM. Then either leave by 3, or stay until after 7. There is plenty to do and see.

Wear your walking shoes.

Parkopediahas a great map with pricing and details.
Great suggestions - thanks!

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
We used the library parking garage both times we were there. I can't remember the exact amount but it was less than ten for the day. It is a few blocks to the ryhman but we enjoyed the walk. The first time we went, we parked in one of the lots by Broadway and paid like $20 for 4 hours. A bartender in a honky tonk told us about the library.

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
Take Uber. Easy, convenient, inexpensive.
2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v

dieselbobcat
Explorer
Explorer
Pasusan- LMK how you make out. We are also staying at seven points and plan to use it as a base to see Nashville... We will be there in August for I think 4 nights...
2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2016 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat Ultimate 4X4 6.2L

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Camping World and an KOA up near the Grand Ole Opry and Opry Mils Mall. There are parking lots and ramps all over down town be be prepared to bend over on fees. Hitting Broadway just about any time of day is great. If you are going to be in Nashville you have to look up a guy named Britt Stokes. Find out what bar he is playing in and get there. This guy is awesome.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

Miles_Away
Explorer
Explorer
Seven Points CG is only about 8 miles from downtown Nashville and the drive should take less than thirty minutes. Rush hour traffic dies down around 9:00 a.m. So long as you are not pulling your rig you should have no trouble finding a parking space on or off Broadway. After all, it is a tourist area. Like someone said above, bring cash for parking. If you are into country music there is a lot to see within walking distance of the Ryman Theater. Have Fun!
M & M :C On the road again!
2007 GMC 3500-SRW-Duramax-longbed-4X4
2008 Keystone EVEREST 348R 5th wheel
2002 SUNDOWNER gooseneck horse trailer

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is parking scattered out all over the downtown area. Much of it is in garages and pay lots. Bring plenty of cash, that's the main thing to know. And make a note of where you park, or mark it on your GPS.

So far as traffic, my suggestion is to go in after 9 AM. Then either leave by 3, or stay until after 7. There is plenty to do and see.

Wear your walking shoes.

Parkopediahas a great map with pricing and details.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Ether walk a long way or take a bus or cab to the Ryman Auditorium, not much parking there.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Two rivers cg off music city drive in North East Nashville has a guy called Justin that for $10 will transport you. Nice cg as well.
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
that area was a zoo IIRC. I think there is a KOA and CW close by. I would drop the TT there and take the TV around.
bumpy