cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Police hunting RV in Atlanta Area

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone in the Atlanta area that observes a RV with damage to right front that looks recent, notify the Police.
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/police-seek-rv-driver-in-fatal-i-75-hit-and-run/nbZhR/
59 REPLIES 59

JaBob
Explorer
Explorer
Drive turned himself in Tuesday morning. Turns out he called police after driving 10 miles.

Bob

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
Sometimes all of our safety devices can be deadlier than the crash itself. Have you ever wondered what would happen to all these stupid passengers you see with their feet on the dash when the air bag goes off. Shin bones can be driven through your skull.
I have seen where it happens in the body business. Every time I see someone riding like that I just want to ask, How STUPID are you?

Also those who drive around with their critters on their lap. Aside from the distraction and the possible interference, if the airbag goes off, Fluffy will become an integral part of their rib cage
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

pronstar
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen video of skydivers who survived freefalling from 20,000 feet.
They hit the ground at terminal velocity after their parachutes failed.
So the smart thing for me to do is simply skydive without a parachute.

Point being:
Exceptions don't make the rule.
Buckle-up.
'07 Ram 5.9 QC/LB SRW
Full Carli Suspension
35" Toyo's | 4.56 | PacBrake

2009 Cyclone 3950 | B&W Turnover Ball & Companion | TrailAire | Duravis R250s

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:

I am alive today because of seat/shoulder belts.
Ditto. Seatbelts have saved my life TWICE. My late father always hated to buckle up, and only did so when he rode in my truck, as I would not put it in gear until everyone was buckled in.
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Bird Freak wrote:
Have you ever wondered what would happen to all these stupid passengers you see with their feet on the dash when the air bag goes off.

Aside from the safety issue, I've always wondered how comfortable can it be riding like that. :h
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
The problem with being ejected from a vehicle is there are times when the vehicle is coming the same direction as the ejectee. I'd rather be in the vehicle than under it for most things.

As for hit and runs, that is an extremely sore point with me. Here in Austin, it is almost certain that someone who causes a wreck tries to flee the scene, especially if they hit a motorcycle, pedestrian, or cyclist. I know way too many people with permanent injuries due to this.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sometimes all of our safety devices can be deadlier than the crash itself. Have you ever wondered what would happen to all these stupid passengers you see with their feet on the dash when the air bag goes off. Shin bones can be driven through your skull.
I have seen where it happens in the body business. Every time I see someone riding like that I just want to ask, How STUPID are you?
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
While there are no valid arguments to not wearing seat belts it is due to probabilities and not absolutesโ€ฆ

Some seem to believe everything has to be absolute, is black or white, my way or no wayโ€ฆ
People have survived while not buckled in and no one can say with certainty they would have been killed or survived if buckledโ€ฆ few survive ejections but there are cases where some that have, but wouldnโ€™t have survived the remainder of the crash had they notโ€ฆ much like the nearly uninjured motorcyclist thrown clear of certain doom (myself)โ€ฆ
I myself witnessed at a very early time in my driving career (within the first week) two die in a car fire on the PA turnpike (at the RT19 crossover) that both survived the crash of going backwards into the bridge abutment but at least one panicked and forgot to release their lap belts and fought a losing battle to get out of the carโ€ฆ I donโ€™t know that either would have ultimately survived in the end but it is a traumatic thing to see and not be able to do anything aboutโ€ฆ

There are no studies or surveys that would claim the probabilities of death or injury are less on the side of not wearing seatbelts in automobiles or helmet while on motorcyclistโ€ฆ while low the possibility exist but still is not a justification to ignore the probabilitiesโ€ฆ

A little off topic thoughโ€ฆ I am glad the driver was caught, there is no justification for leaving the scene of an accident and no matter what others did or didnโ€™t do, this individual caused all of this to happen, knew it and still fled the sceneโ€ฆ he turned this from an automobile accident into a criminal offense and he is the one that deserves what he getsโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Someone with, or eligible for, a Canadian passport.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quick question.....What is a "Canadian National"?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Francesca Knowles wrote:
Looks like they found the RV, too. Link.

gee, from that story "The female driver of the Prius suffered minor injuries and was transported to Kennestone Hospital. . " but ejected passenger was killed. I "assume" driver was belted in, case closed.
bumpy

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like they found the RV, too. Link.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
many years ago friend at work's daughter was in a van with 5-6 others going from Rockville to the Eastern Shore. they had a wreck and his daughter was ejected thru the windshield and banged up pretty bad but made full recovery and the other 4-5 in the van were killed.
after the dust settled, once again the subject came up that she was lucky she wasn't belted in as she would have been killed along with the other 5. My comment was that I would bet that none of them were belted in and if they all had been, from the appearances of the van, most or all would have survived. no body disputed that statement.
bumpy

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
subcamper wrote:
I want to know where these openings are in a car where you will be "ejected to safety"?

Unless you are in a convertible with the top down, you are either going through glass or sheet metal.

Steve

More like extruded.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L