cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Eycom/Sam has passed away

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
About 10 days ago I sent Eycom a PM and was surprised that he did not respond. Today I got a message from his daughter that he had passed away. He had over 8,000 posts on this Forum so I know he will be missed. His daughter said that she would not be checking the Forum again and sent me her e-mail address. If anyone would like to contact her please send me a PM. lizzie
14 REPLIES 14

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear the news. Sounds like Eyecom has gone on to that big campground in the sky.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Condolences to his family. It's upsetting that he was so close to retirement.

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
I did send Sam's daughter an e-mail and told her about the warm outpouring of regard for him from the Forum. She responded that when he was with his family, it was "all about family" and when he died they did not know how to contact his many friends. She thanked me for letting everyone know. I did not know him but we shared a love for the Florida Panhandle and my PM was to let him know that I had bought a spot only two miles from one of his favorite campgrounds. lizzie

D___M
Explorer
Explorer
Sincere condolences to his family
Dave
Mary, the world's best wife (1951-2009) R.I.P
Lizzy (a Boston)
Izzy, Pepper & BuddyP - Gone but not forgotten
2005 Itasca Suncruiser 35A

My computer beat me at chess once; but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
lizzie wrote:
About 10 days ago I sent Eycom a PM and was surprised that he did not respond. Today I got a message from his daughter that he had passed away. He had over 8,000 posts on this Forum so I know he will be missed. His daughter said that she would not be checking the Forum again and sent me her e-mail address. If anyone would like to contact her please send me a PM. lizzie

Liz, I hope you'll send Eycom's daughter an email and ask her to check back just one more time to see what his forum buddies are writing about him. She may appreciate the kind words.

This topic and the one running in the truck camper forum.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
RIP
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

h2guy
Explorer
Explorer
I'll miss his postings also.

I sure hope you people sitting on the sidelines waiting, waiting, waiting, take note and get off your butt and get with it.
Rick & Carolyn
01 Ford SC 4x4 DRW
01 CarriLite 5ver

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
So sorry to hear about Eycom passing away. Rest in peace and May God Bless him and his family.
Take each day as a gift and use it well.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Sad news indeed. The closer i get to retirement myself, the harder it is to read things like this. RIP.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

truckcamperonmy
Explorer
Explorer
Rick Jay wrote:
Sorry to hear of this. I did a search on some of his posts. This quote below is one story which caught my eye. He was a man who knew how to relax. I know a lot of people who could take a lesson or two from him. I'm sure there are many folks in this world who are better off from having known him. Even more blessed are his family members and those privileged to call him "friend".

~Rick

Eycom wrote:
...Used to live on Lake Wylie in S.C.. Would come home after a week on the road, get up at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning, grab my rod, a folding chair, transistor radio w/headphones and head for the dock. I'd drift in and out of sleep during those quiet cool mornings as the eagles fished the lake. Relaxation was the ONLY reason for the adventure. Work was over. Momma and the kids wouldn't get up at 5. Nor would they make demands on me when I had a rod in my hands. It was like the "holy grail"... LOL.

One morning in the early spring, I had drifted off while tuned into an easy listening music channel, when a big burly game warden tapped me on the shoulder. As I pulled the ear plugs, I heard him ask for my fishing license. While fumbling from a dead sleep to my wallet, he asked if I was getting any bites. "No Sir", I said. "What are you using for bait?", he asked. "Nothing" was the reply. I reeled in the line which sported a small lead weight and a cork, sans the hook. After viewing my license and not finding any bait, hooks or lures in my possession, it got right funny to him. For the rest of the spring, summer and fall, he'd smile and wave as he passed the dock. He understood!

Good story! Sounded like an awesome guy with a good personality, wish we could have met. RIP Eycom!
2000 Ford F-350 Dually 7.3 Diesel Super Duty Crew Cab with Air Bags
2011 Arctic Fox 992

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear of this. I did a search on some of his posts. This quote below is one story which caught my eye. He was a man who knew how to relax. I know a lot of people who could take a lesson or two from him. I'm sure there are many folks in this world who are better off from having known him. Even more blessed are his family members and those privileged to call him "friend".

~Rick

Eycom wrote:
...Used to live on Lake Wylie in S.C.. Would come home after a week on the road, get up at 5 a.m. on Saturday morning, grab my rod, a folding chair, transistor radio w/headphones and head for the dock. I'd drift in and out of sleep during those quiet cool mornings as the eagles fished the lake. Relaxation was the ONLY reason for the adventure. Work was over. Momma and the kids wouldn't get up at 5. Nor would they make demands on me when I had a rod in my hands. It was like the "holy grail"... LOL.

One morning in the early spring, I had drifted off while tuned into an easy listening music channel, when a big burly game warden tapped me on the shoulder. As I pulled the ear plugs, I heard him ask for my fishing license. While fumbling from a dead sleep to my wallet, he asked if I was getting any bites. "No Sir", I said. "What are you using for bait?", he asked. "Nothing" was the reply. I reeled in the line which sported a small lead weight and a cork, sans the hook. After viewing my license and not finding any bait, hooks or lures in my possession, it got right funny to him. For the rest of the spring, summer and fall, he'd smile and wave as he passed the dock. He understood!
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for letting us know... I'm so sorry to hear he didn't get to the point of retiring and getting that 5er. RIP Eycom.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
That is a great loss to his family and this forum.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear this, he will be missed