cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Potable water

bparn10
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all, we are headed to the cape blanco musc festival next weekend and I had a question about filling my fresh water tank. Do oregon state parks allow you to pull in and fill your tank if your not staying their? If not anyone have recommendation on where to get water?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Rocky71 wrote:
I have a full tank of water since June should I empty it?
and put fresh water in it?

I wouldn't. Many bring bottled water to drink and use the RV water tank for toilets, showers etc.
Kevin

bparn10
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses. I was gonna try to pull into bullards beach in bandon to get water.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you double check that Cape Blanco State Park is setup for RV's - don't recall staying there and I have stayed at most. I would call and make sure they have dump facilities - don't think they have full hookup's. Better safe than sorry.
Kevin

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of the state parks have a dump station that is free to use. There is usually also a place to fill for free.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
We use Humbug Mtn or William Tugman SP to fill and dump.

Rocky71
Explorer
Explorer
I have a full tank of water since June should I empty it?
and put fresh water in it?

sail2liv
Explorer
Explorer
We fill our fresh water to the top before we head out...if that is not enough carry 6 gallon green fresh water cans to supplement the tank that we bought at Walmart they are easy to handle and store ..
the pour spout fits the filler on trailer just right for us..so we don t waste any....good luck...if weight is issue on carrying water then if you are good sams member maybe you fill at one of those places