cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane line

AirZone
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone installed a high pressure quick connect alongside the low pressure. If so how? I thought that might be easyer than converting all the appliances we have.
AirZone
7 REPLIES 7

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I have a portable tank with a "Y" and 2 shut off valves. These feed 2 hoses that have a connector on the end just like the portable tanks. This allows me to run my portable grill, stove, lantern, and heater from the portable tank. I can run 2 appliances at a time; 1 from each hose. I've been using the same set up for about 20 years with no problems.
I think the hoses and "1 pound tank fittings" came from Mr. Heater. I got the "Y" fitting and valves at a welding gas supply place.
I would think the same thing could be done to the tanks on the RV. Just put a "T" into the line between your tank and regulator. Add a shut off valve, hose, and the fitting on the end to match the throw-away tanks.

2Macs
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a high pressure line to use your bottle grill with, it is not necessary. Go to your local RV dealer and buy a kit to convert your grill to use the low pressure line on you RV. The kit consist of a long gas line to keep the grill away from the RV when using it and a low pressure regulator to replace the high pressure regulator for the bottle.
Ed & Michele :C

AirZone
Explorer
Explorer
charwan wrote:
Why would one want that and what would you gain by having one????? Never heard on any thing running on tank pressure (appliances)? Just asking.

For bbq's , propane heaters and propane lanterns that have a regulator built in. Appliances won't work with 2 reg's in line.
AirZone

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
AirZone wrote:
Has anyone installed a high pressure quick connect alongside the low pressure. If so how? I thought that might be easyer than converting all the appliances we have.

You can't install a high pressure outlet "alongside" a low pressure outlet. The high pressure outlet must be before the regulator, and the low pressure outlet must be after the regulator.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If this for your Coleman trailer, an easy connection is an Extend-A-Flow tee mounted at the tank. Believe they come with 12 foot line.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

charwan
Explorer
Explorer
Why would one want that and what would you gain by having one????? Never heard on any thing running on tank pressure (appliances)? Just asking.
N4FAP

Playtime_II
Explorer
Explorer
My coach has a high pressure connection curbside. The connector is a 1/20 connector (same as the little green bottles) and a low pressure quick connector. Both have shutoff valves before the connectors. I dont know if both were factory or just the low pressure.
Playtime IV
2006 HR Scepter 42DSQ