RetiredSquid
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone buy their RV at a factory?
7 REPLIES 7

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Not in Elkhart but close in IN. Actually had to spec. out and buy from a dealer in AZ. but saved a bunch of $$ in shipping by driving the truck out to factory to pick it up. And had a great trip by doing so!
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Not in Elkhart but close in IN. Actually had to spec. out and buy from a dealer in AZ. but saved a bunch of $$ in shipping by driving the truck out to factory to pick it up. And had a great trip by doing so!
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
We bought factory direct but alas, our manufacturer is no longer in business.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking at a factory direct purchase on a toyhauler. Looks like a good deal to cut out the middle man and they have nation wide companies with service agreements for any maintenance or repairs.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
As noted, only a handful of builders sell direct, and they tend to be custom orders only.
You can often get a better deal if you buy from one of the dealers closest to the factory.

That being said, a lot of dealers will not do warranty work on rigs not bought from them, and a number of manufacturers back them up on that.

So buying say 1500 miles from home, may cost you the trip there, trips back for warranty work or paying for it yourself.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have not yet, but might for the next one, because everything I'm currently looking at is sold factory-direct, no dealers, or is custom built. None of the factories of concern to my case are in Elkhart.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
We tried, always got sent to the nearest dealer. We bought new two years ago and live right smack in the middle of Elkhart. I think Nexus is the only one who sells Factory direct.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)