cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Qsee dash camera

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
just got a new dash camera at Home Depot for $39.88. has motion detection with G sensor protection, which I don't think my other cheap ones has. seems like it has a decent picture.
bumpy
30 REPLIES 30

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
all my problems seem to have been with the old wire connector.
bumpy

KansasRV
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed this Rear View Safety one in my brother's car.

http://www.rearviewsafety.com/safety-solutions/dash-cameras/compact-hd-dash-camera-rvs-400c.html

Got it for him for Christmas to see if it's something I want to use.....

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ran into my first "snag". camera started acting erratic, going off then on etc. I am using the power cord from my previous dash cam that was doing the same thing so I think the problem is with the cord. and that there never was anything wrong with my previous camera. will try it with new/proper cord.
bumpy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
sonicsix wrote:
I use this camera and am very pleased with it. I did have to run a wire to the fuse box so it could go on/off with the vehicle, but it was easy enough to do.

you can't see the screen when it is in use??
bumpy

sonicsix
Explorer
Explorer
I useThis Camera and am very pleased with it. I did have to run a wire to the fuse box so it could go on/off with the vehicle, but it was easy enough to do.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
1 minute gives too large of a file.
bumpy

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
I "think" I set it for 3 minute clips which appear to be about 3 x too long. will try 1 minute and see if that will work.
bumpy

I have my dash cam set for 1 minute clips, seems to be just right.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I "think" I set it for 3 minute clips which appear to be about 3 x too long. will try 1 minute and see if that will work.
bumpy

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpy, Imgur is the RV.Net's preferred picture posting site. Simple, easy and fool proof.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
beemerphile1 wrote:
austinjenna wrote:

I used the add a fuse and hooked it up to something that was only on with the ignition add a fuse->Link

Interesting device. Thanks for the tip, it would avoid cutting or tapping wires.

Cool, :C I never knew they made such a thing. I always end up trying to jam the wires under a fuse as I slide it into a slot. Or finding a hot spot in or near the fuse box to tap into.

Thanks for the idea and link.

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
You are a tough cookie to crack;)
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
no
bumpy

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Hey Bumpy isn't Imgur able to handle videos as well as stills. Could post it there.

now you guys are getting above my pay grade.
bumpy

Do you have a YouTube account?
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Hey Bumpy isn't Imgur able to handle videos as well as stills. Could post it there.

now you guys are getting above my pay grade.
bumpy