cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Question for those who use Coach Net

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking into their plans and have talked to a couple representatives and need to hear some actual experience.

Our sticking point is deciding to go for the Premier plan over the Basic as it would cover all our vehicles (not just the RV) and we would drop our regular AAA coverage.

The thing that has us nervous is the towing to the "nearest qualified repair facility". That's fine when we're out on the road and aren't familiar with where we would want to go... But, when we're around home... Say we have a breakdown and want to be either towed home or to our favorite mechanic. Coach Net says that we would have to pay the difference.

AAA has a certain amount of miles that are covered and then we pay the rest. We tell them where we want it towed.

So - say dh is at work and has a breakdown that he can't fix - he wants it towed to our favorite mechanic which is 5 miles away, but Coach Net says they have a qualified place that is 2 miles away.

How does this work out for you guys in real life?

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics
26 REPLIES 26

jcsb
Explorer
Explorer
Had used coach net twice. FIrst time towed our toed. No biggie.

Second time, blew radiator with 4000 original miles. Out in nowhere Montana. Closest town was one direction but a Ford dealer able to handle coaches was the other way and farther away. Next day dealer said it would be a week to look at it. CN found another dealer another 100 miles away and towed us there. We were back on the road in 26 hours after arrival at the second dealer. They towed us to a campground the first time and the second dealer had hook ups for the over night.

Great service from CN, never saw a bill.
Jim Hunter

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Coach Net from day one with our MH and only used them once. They were up front, very helpful and professional handling my problem. They took care of me as quickly as possible and got me back on the road. I'm very pleased with CN.

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t know a lot about AAA, but I believe they have about 70 regions and from what I understand not all are setup to haul large or heavy vehicles or to even do tire serviceโ€ฆ still they sell the RV upgrade in some of these areasโ€ฆ

I posted this earlier it is straight from a AAA documentโ€ฆ apparent they are not equipped to ensure tire service or towing for many vehiclesโ€ฆ

The club shall provide service to the following:

โ€ข Four-wheeled motor-driven vehicles of the passenger, pleasure or recreational type (vans, campers and motor homes), regardless of license plate designation, if those services can be safely delivered.

โ€ข Dual-wheel campers/motor homes will be provided all services but may exclude towing, extrication/recovery and tire service due to size. Dual-wheel unloaded pickup trucks are provided all services except tire service when special equipment is needed.

what the heck does that mean??? And they make no mention to towables hereโ€ฆ

I have read many times if you are in another region for some services you might have to pay for them and then seek reimbursement from you home region... but I don't know if that is true or not...

Sounds like a pretty stupid policy for an RV service contract
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
JJBIRISH wrote:
... but still much worse than the differences is the fact CN hides those differences from youโ€ฆ

Well ... I don't know about CN "hiding" anything, but AAA SURE DOES!

I was with AAA for probably well over 40 years, including 6 or 7 years into ownership of our current RV. Last year I had a little old nail flat on our Class C RV in an inside rear dual-set tire right in our back yard. Called AAA and the dispatcher stated that their policy was not to change tires for flats on customers' rear dually vehicles because they considered that you could still drive your vehicle on the other dual-set tire to a facility to get it repaired. On a motorhome with around 8,000 lbs. on the four rear tires .... yeah, right.

We now have CN's best ERS plan for all our vehicles ... they have already gave our sedan a battery jump twice last year with superb service.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
NC Hauler wrote:
JJBIRISH wrote:
stuplich wrote:
JJBIRISH wrote:
Pasusan,
We pay 100% of your towing fees to the nearest network service facility - even if the distance is hundreds of miles! Plus,t corerage an we'll tow you to any destination you choose within 100 miles of your disablement.

JJBIRISH

The nearest network service facility is not necessarily the best or most economical service facility.
It may not be where owner would have his coach towed if he had a choice, (which with most ERSs he does NOT).

What, or who, is the WE that will "tow you to any destination you choose within 100 miles of your disablement"?
and what is "t corerage"?

Wondering

Mel
'96 Safari

Good Sam Platinum+ Roadside Assistance provides
Unlimited Mileage Towing
We pay 100% of your towing fees to the nearest network service facility - even if the distance is hundreds of miles!
Plus, we'll tow you to any destination you choose within 100 miles of your disablement.

I've had both GS ERS and now CN...they both offer pretty much the same thing, I see no difference...no issues with either, just so happens I had CN when I REALLY, REALLY needed help, and CN stepped up and went above and beyond in my case, thus, I'll stay with them for the time being.

I just answered a direct questionโ€ฆ โ€œWhat, or who, is the WE that will "tow you to any destination you choose within 100 miles of your disablement"?

But Boy I am the wrong guy to quote and say there are no differencesโ€ฆ because there are real differencesโ€ฆ

that wasnโ€™t asked here and I avoided it, so letโ€™s not go there againโ€ฆ

but still much worse than the differences is the fact CN hides those differences from youโ€ฆ

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Any road service is at the mercy of the local wrecker service. Having said that: CoachNet is my unwavering choice. I've had them for 9 years, used them once...90 miles from the closest diesel garage. Prompt, courteous, professional and arranged the appointment for me before I even got off the lowboy. NO CHARGE.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
stuplich wrote:
JJBIRISH wrote:
Pasusan,
We pay 100% of your towing fees to the nearest network service facility - even if the distance is hundreds of miles! Plus,t corerage an we'll tow you to any destination you choose within 100 miles of your disablement.

JJBIRISH

The nearest network service facility is not necessarily the best or most economical service facility.
It may not be where owner would have his coach towed if he had a choice, (which with most ERSs he does NOT).

What, or who, is the WE that will "tow you to any destination you choose within 100 miles of your disablement"?

Wondering

Mel
'96 Safari

Unlimited Mileage Towing
We pay 100% of your towing fees to the nearest network service facility - even if the distance is hundreds of miles!
Plus, we'll tow you to any destination you choose within 100 miles of your disablement.

I've had both GS ERS and now CN...they both offer pretty much the same thing, I see no difference...no issues with either, just so happens I had CN when I REALLY, REALLY needed help, and CN stepped up and went above and beyond in my case, thus, I'll stay with them for the time being.
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
stuplich wrote:
JJBIRISH wrote:
Pasusan,

JJBIRISH

Wondering

Mel
'96 Safari

Unlimited Mileage Towing

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
stuplich wrote:
OldRadios wrote:
AAA dumped my last RV into a ditch improperly towing it.

OldRadios
AAA doesn't actually do the towing.
They send a tow truck from a towing company and pay for them for their work.

I know they don't do the towing. But it's their responsibility to know what's needed and send the correct type of tow vehicle.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Saw a brand new Motorhome towed into Riverside RV Park in Sevierville TN several years back. It was brand new, seems there was an issue with radiator not showing cowing wasn't open to help in cooling...It was a quite large TV that drove the MH to it's campsite and help set it up. Guy had CN...They had towed him about 20 miles or so to his campsite...That's where he wanted it, a service guy for the MH showed up next day and replaced a sensor....

I've never used them for a tow, but they've replaced a blown tire, and got us out of a "tricky" situation some years back when a river was rising and my truck was stuck on the camping area with 5er hooked to it...They sent out a big wrecker...guy hooked wench to my tow hooks and pulled my truck and 5er out to where we could leave the property...that was good enough for the wife and I...I will stay with Coach Net, if for no other reason than that one occasion.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

nwrandski
Explorer
Explorer
We have used CoachNet on two occasions for minor issues with our previous MH. Although we have never had a tow, the dispatcher and technical assistance were excellent. We will continue our membership.
Tim & Cindy
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
We very much enjoy our travels and meeting new people
Both still working FT - on the road when we can be
Former Army (7 Years) and Persian Gulf Veteran

See you out there!

stuplich
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
Pasusan,

JJBIRISH

Wondering

Mel
'96 Safari

stuplich
Explorer
Explorer
OldRadios wrote:
AAA dumped my last RV into a ditch improperly towing it.

OldRadios
AAA doesn't actually do the towing.
They send a tow truck from a towing company and pay for them for their work.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with everyone else. I've had CN for quite a few years and it's more than paid for itself.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet