How do I get rid of thus nonsense?

It keeps coming up on several of these forums

Guy
29 REPLIES 29

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
What no one is acknowledging is you spend the time to type a long thought out reply and the system crashes when you hit the submit button. Sure, if you are just reading, refresh is just a small annoyance.

I hear ya. I've starting copying all my replies, so if it crashes, I can go back in and paste it. I appreciate how hard everybody works on the system, but I've lost a lot of confidence in it.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I switched to using Trailer Life and even that's a bit doggy at times.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

6door74
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
What no one is acknowledging is you spend the time to type a long thought out reply and the system crashes when you hit the submit button. Sure, if you are just reading, refresh is just a small annoyance.

If you hit refresh it will reload and post like normal. I've done that and it has worked. didn't result in a double post either. just don't hit the back arrow or anything else. As mentioned, copy it too so you can paste if it's a long one
2006 E350 V10
Travel Trailer-TBD

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
I always get the same error message, from a server in Jakarta, Indonesia, so I am now careful to copy posts before I hit the send key, in case it does not go thru, I don't have to retype it.

Well, just did it trying to send this........

Got this message, same as always.

Service Temporarily Unavailable!
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Jakarta/ISAPI/isapi_redirector/1.2.40

Usually this kind of thing happens when an undersea cable gets damaged and traffic gets re-routed and things overload, such as a couple of years ago when a ship dropped an anchor on a cable in the eastern Mediterranean near Egypt. I have not heard of anything lately like this...........

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:

I have always copied a long reply before hitting submit just in case. That way, if it doesn't go through for some reason, I just paste it back in a new window and submit again. Short replies like this one, I would just retype if necessary.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
@ Superdave,
I used to run into that issue many times, though now it's a bit better.

But since it bit me a few tim4es I try to remember to highlight all the text and do a copy (CTRL-C on Windows) before I click on post. That way if the forum crashes I can just start a new post and paste (CTRL-V) the text back in.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Don't you miss the telex machine, type everything on the tape and then send the message after it was punched and ran the tape on the send mode?

And yes I also navigated using Loran.

navegator

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I have this same mesage from other sites not just RV NET but from comercial sites as well, it seems that the internet usage has a lot to do with this, late at night the area of Canada, USA, Mexico and Latin America when everyone is asleep this does not happen, in contrast some European sites seem to have the same problem as they start to steer in the morning, I just press the return icon and try again, some times several times.

So try and then try again and then try one more time.

navegator

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
If i click on a link and it doesn't immediately load (I usually have a very fast connection), I just click again. It rarely takes more than 2 clicks and I avoid the error message.

dedmiston
Unfortunately our options for technical escalation are limited during the pandemic. These site outage issues usually magically fix themselves when the servers are restarted to address problems on one of the more critical Good Sam sites (higher priority than these forums). That's our sad reality.

In the meantime, try one of the other portals. They seem to be having fewer problems than RV.NET and they don't get the same "Service Temporarily Unavailable!" errors.

Good luck.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The problem is not enough bandwidth I suspect.. but as others have said just hit REFRESH I've had to do it a couple times twice.

True story (no this is not a political comment) Amazon sued the US government because the government gave a military contract to Microsoft and Amazon's owner seems to think he deserved the profit.

Meanwhile even as they were doing this a service I use was hosted by Amazon but due to computer overload they had to move to a new host with more bandwidth.

The service I use has one compressed digital stream coming in and it "Reflects" it in the manner of a disco mirror ball in up to about a thousand directions.

That's about the same as one video stream passed through

THEY COULD NOT HANDLE IT.. So what makes 'em think they can handle a Military work load?
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Admin
Dammit

Shhhhhh!
๐Ÿ™‚
Admin
RV.net

2oldman
Explorer II