cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Raising our Colors

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I boondock a good portion of time and have had problems locating where our rig was parked (upon returning from shopping).

We noticed that some of our distant neighbors were flying different type of flags that you could see from a distance. We thought how could we personalize our fiver with a raised flag.

We searched around, asked questions until we found a website called Orencoflags.com. Our inquiry was met with someone at this company who discussed our options and we made a purchase of a 30' collapsible pole and a 4x6 Betsy Ross flag. The pole collapses to approx. 36 inches and has its own storage sleeve.

We are so happy with the personalize service to meet our rv'ing needs for our trailer.

Today, we are as proud as the first day we flew our flag. A Betsy Ross is a unique symbol of our historical heritage.
14 REPLIES 14

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
because of my rear slide-out the hitch mount is not an option for me & i don't have a built in ladder (i travel with a 15' xtend-and-climb).

I was skeptical about the under tire mount myself - I've used it plenty of times now (in pretty high winds) and have not had an issue.
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are a variety of mounts for different situations. The hitch mount won't work with my permanently mounted tow bar, however one could be fabricated to fit. The ground mounted one might become lose in some of the winds. I don't care for the setup required for the one that goes under a tire.

The Flagpole Buddy permanently mounted and out of the way works for me. And the 22' pole + 6' above the ground certainly gives our flags a lot of visibility.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
NJRVer wrote:
Seems like they would be a big lightning rod in a thunderstorm.
Do you take the poles down for the weather?

Depends on many things. I did not yesterday and all survived the storms, however the worst of it was 20 miles down the road.. I know, Was there. Where I had lunch, half way through meal it was lights out, Hospital where Daughter and brand new grandson were, On emergency power.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey your welcome!
To answer your other question, I don't take it down for lightning. I have used the same kind of fiberglass pole to measure and move electrical lines.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
No climbing required for mine.
I use THIS in ether the front receiver or the rear one.

And THIS for home use.

Thanks for that link.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
No climbing required for mine.
I use THIS in ether the front receiver or the rear one.

And THIS for home use.
Buying A Rental Class C

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice setup. The pole seems similar to Flagpole Buddy. I prefer their mount as it's on the ladder and no climbing is required to raise the flag.

Then I made the same type of mount out of PVC for the house and fly the same flag at home.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen people stick flags on top of an upraised batwing antenna as a makeshift flag stand.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
gps
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
NJRVer wrote:

if its storming or windy - i lower mine and/or remove the flags. I usually take my flags in at night (mostly to avoid any damage from storms or high wind).

Flag etiquette says (if its made of all weather material i.e. nylon) then you can leave it up in bad weather....I try not to, but thats just me.
Don R.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am flying the stars and stripes from a Sunsetter, I think it's 20 (or 24) Feet, I use this pole for multiple jobs.. But sunup yesterday it raised the Stars and Stripes. and then later in the day I slapped a set of LED racing lights on it to light the flag at night.. I will take it down Monday Evening.

some flag facts:
If you fly multiple flags from the same pole, as someone is doing PROPERLY up above, then only the top flag can be a "National" flag the rest can be state, local, group or faternity, or even a personal flag.

IF you fly multiple NATIONAL flags, all must be at the same height, To fly, for example, a Canadian flag on a seperate, shorter, pole is,, an act of war.. But note this only applies to you. .IF you flay Old Glory from a 25 foot pole and your friend from what I call "South of the border" (I am from Detroit the only city in the continental US where you go SOUTH to enter Canada) only has a 20'er, that's ok. The US Flag always takes the place of honor in the US (The lead flag or if in a straight line the flag on the flag's right or speaker's right, EXCEPTION A CHURCH flag may take that spot (God is greater than the US is what they admit there).

Bunch more, but you can google it. Flage code.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Camping, Tailgating, Races....We always represent Texas & our American Pride where ever we go !

We use a 20 foot Camco aluminum telescoping flagpole, it collapses to 5 feet & has its own heavy canvas storage bag.

Don R.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Always fly my colors while camping....

With the best on the market Poles And Holders
Buying A Rental Class C