cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rare find. Used HD F150.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I drive by this car lot several times a week. I spotted this truck there. Not very often you see a used F150 with the Heavy Duty payload package sitting on a car lot.
http://www.hondaofsalem.com/used/Ford/2013-Ford-F-150-salem-or-072dc5b90a0a00652d36b4d5177d43cb.htm
41 REPLIES 41

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
meesda wrote:
If it's a Canadian truck, conversion between km and miles might account for the discrepancy in mileage.

It is a non issue. The computer has all that data. No conversion made just how it is presented. On mine I can change whether it displays MPH or KPH. They will change the dash face so the analog scale is is consistent with the primary measurement because mine looks as if it was a US version but when you go through the computer using the setup or other items the default is metric. (if purchased via a dealer) if you import it than the scale on the analog would still be the KPH for the primary.

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
meesda wrote:
If it's a Canadian truck, conversion between km and miles might account for the discrepancy in mileage.

I've had dealers do this depending on which unit of measure I have up on the dash. They mistake kms for miles and vise versa. Mostly they tell me not to worry about it? More worried about time passing than mileage I guess.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

meesda
Explorer
Explorer
Dant
2006 Cruiser CF29BT
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 6.0

gijoecam
Explorer
Explorer
If it happened once, I'd think the same. But there are two entries... That seems strange to me.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
gijoecam wrote:
I ran the VIN... It does, in fact, have the EB. It was registered to Brantal Contracting LTD and was serviced at Orchard Ford Sales (wherever that is...). 7-lug wheels make it a HD payload package for sure.

Also worth noting is that the original owner purchased a 48 month/100,000 mile Ford Extended Service Plan for it, and that should be transferrable to the next owner for a nominal fee. That's the NEW-CAR ESP which is slightly better than the USED car ESP they sell... (I wouldn't expect the Honda dealership to tell youthis though...)

But something is fishy... It had service work done at 27,120 and 37,123 miles... The listing shows the mileage as 23,xxx... Could be a type-o in the service history, but two of 'em? Not so sure...

I've seen mileage typed in wrong at the dealer. It is very easy to punch in the 3 since it is right next to the 2. I wouldn't give it anymore thought.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
Thought to now include my option list from the glove box label as a just in case
someone else doesn't believe...

Note the F60 option and again, which is the 1 ton front snow plow prep package
and only cost $60 bucks back then

Full up option package (highest at that time)

mysubglove mysuboption suboptionlable optionlabel
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
My Suburban GMT400/1996 was before the weight stickers on the the newer
TVs door...

So here are my numbers:

5,250 curb
8,600 GVWR

3,350 lb cargo/payload over curb

My 2014 smog certificate...note that this is an official state
document and the info supplied by each OEM for that VIN...
mysub mysuburban mysubsmog mysmog

mysubGVWR mysubdoor mysubdoorlable doorlabel subdoorlable

Mine weighs in around 7,200 at the local garden scales, county
weights&measure certified, with me (180) and toolbox (+200) and misc stuff (+50)

Also has full up option package, SLT, 4x4, big block, and over sized
wheels and tires

8,600 minus

1,400 lbs cargo/payload

All with a 6,000 RGAWR...that AAM rates at 10,000 GAWR. The 6K GAWR
GM lists is around 2,000 more than most 'half ton' TVs

Oh...also ordered the F60 option...which is the 1 ton front snow plow prep package
My FGAWR is 4,250 and near most half ton's rear GAWR.
-Ben Picture of my rig
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:
BenK wrote:
smkettner wrote:
HD for sure but $35,000 seems a bit much....

Wonder how much more a 'real' 3/4 ton (8,600 GVWR) would cost?

Betcha the OEMs make more $$$ on their half ton sales than their higher
class sales
OK and how much payload does that 3/4 have?
+400 on GVWR, +1,000 on curb weight, + what for v10 or diesel?
Better to go 1 ton if you are moving up.

The Ford 250 is a 10k gvwr. But is heavier than the F150.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
BenK wrote:
smkettner wrote:

class sales
OK and how much payload does that 3/4 have?
+400 on GVWR, +1,000 on curb weight, + what for v10 or diesel?
Better to go 1 ton if you are moving up.

gijoecam
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, and the build sheet confirms the HD payload package:

AA3BG HEAVY DUTY PAYLOAD UPGRADE PK

๐Ÿ™‚

gijoecam
Explorer
Explorer
I ran the VIN... It does, in fact, have the EB. It was registered to Brantal Contracting LTD and was serviced at Orchard Ford Sales (wherever that is...). 7-lug wheels make it a HD payload package for sure.

Also worth noting is that the original owner purchased a 48 month/100,000 mile Ford Extended Service Plan for it, and that should be transferrable to the next owner for a nominal fee. That's the NEW-CAR ESP which is slightly better than the USED car ESP they sell... (I wouldn't expect the Honda dealership to tell youthis though...)

But something is fishy... It had service work done at 27,120 and 37,123 miles... The listing shows the mileage as 23,xxx... Could be a type-o in the service history, but two of 'em? Not so sure...

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
spud1957 wrote:
kaydeejay wrote:
mich800 wrote:
kaydeejay wrote:
According to the window sticker that truck has a GVWR of 8200#. I think that makes it a HD.

But it's a Canadian truck....."This vehicle not intended for sale or registration in the US".

Hmmm, wonder what they have done to make it 50 State legal.:h

I don't think much other than importing it. I believe part of it is warranty purposes. The used truck I purchased was originally from Canada with that language. I purchased it from a Ford dealer as a certified pre-owned and warranty.
Well, other than the fact it is not certified to meet US Safety and Emission regulations (Canada IS different!) and it has a primary scale kilometer speedo and (maybe) odometer it shouldn't be an issue!!!

Mich800, in your case you did not import it, the dealer did. They or the previous owner jumped thru the necessary hoops to import it across the border.

Importing a vehicle from Canada

That was my point. If it was cost prohibitive they would not have done it. It was purchased off lease in auction.

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
smkettner wrote:

class sales
-Ben Picture of my rig

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
kaydeejay wrote:
mich800 wrote:
kaydeejay wrote:
According to the window sticker that truck has a GVWR of 8200#. I think that makes it a HD.

But it's a Canadian truck....."This vehicle not intended for sale or registration in the US".

Hmmm, wonder what they have done to make it 50 State legal.:h

I don't think much other than importing it. I believe part of it is warranty purposes. The used truck I purchased was originally from Canada with that language. I purchased it from a Ford dealer as a certified pre-owned and warranty.
Well, other than the fact it is not certified to meet US Safety and Emission regulations (Canada IS different!) and it has a primary scale kilometer speedo and (maybe) odometer it shouldn't be an issue!!!

Mich800, in your case you did not import it, the dealer did. They or the previous owner jumped thru the necessary hoops to import it across the border.

Importing a vehicle from Canada
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS