cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Residential Refer

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone here installed the Haier 10.11 cu ft unit from Lowes in the RV ? Perfect fit replacement for the 24" W Dometic.
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?
5 REPLIES 5

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've had our Haier 10.1 installed for a full year now, with zero clearance on the sides, and the top and bottom gaps sealed on the inside of the coach, and zero problems. The back has the normal ventilation from the original Norcold installation, but I do close off all but half of a slot at the bottom in colder weather. The fridge only draws a maximum of 2 amps when running, and except in very hot weather, has a duty cycle of about 30%. Overall we're very pleased with the fridge, especially the additional room inside and stable temperatures. The sub-zero freezer temp is nice as well, easily keeping ice cream hard.

My travel latch setup using sliding window latches from Lowes:

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Do you guys have any pics showing your installations? There was a great thread on this recently, but all input is welcome!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep, that's the one I installed too. I did place a remote thermometer at the rear of the cabinet along with a blower type exhaust fan to keep it a tad cooler back there.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, I installed the same fridge when our Norcold started getting unreliable. And yes, it was a near perfect fit here, needing just some small trim pieces added to fill slight gaps at the top and bottom. I use a pair of window latches to secure the doors for travel.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate