cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadside assistance

Iceman567
Explorer
Explorer
Our Good Sam Roadside is up for renewal in August. We've used it in the past, mostly for lockouts. Don't use their trip planning because we don't plan, hop in the RV and see where we end up.

While reviewing our insurance policy (Geico)for the RV and auto, we have roadside assistance with them for about $30/year for both. Similar coverages. Good Sam being $113/year for both. I see no need to pay for double coverage.

My big question - has anybody used Geico Roadside and what did you think of their service?

Thanks,
Ted
2014 [COLOR=]Itasca Viva
7 REPLIES 7

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have Coachnet. Haven't had to use them yet, but if we have to, I want someone that knows the proper equipment for towing a motorhome. It coverage all of our vehicles, motorcycles for the 1 charge.

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
I get Roadside Assistance with my membership in the American Motorcyclist Association. $29/yr for me since I am a 25+ year member. Covers RV tow for the first 35 miles. Pays for the mechanic service call but not the parts or repairs on site. Just call a 800 number 24/7 and they're supposed to find and send some help. Haven't had to use it yet.

"No-cost AMA Roadside Assistance that covers all of your motorcycles, cars, trucks, rv’s and family members."

I would be a member anyway, so it's not really any extra cost to me.

https://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/For-Members/AMA-Roadside-Assistance
2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Iceman567 wrote:
Our Good Sam Roadside is up for renewal in August. We've used it in the past, mostly for lockouts. Don't use their trip planning because we don't plan, hop in the RV and see where we end up.

While reviewing our insurance policy (Geico)for the RV and auto, we have roadside assistance with them for about $30/year for both. Similar coverages. Good Sam being $113/year for both. I see no need to pay for double coverage.

My big question - has anybody used Geico Roadside and what did you think of their service?

Thanks,
Ted

I've always used an rv specialty tow service,ie; Coachnet or Good Sams (1) yr, instead of a wanna be who won't/doesn't have a clue about rv towing/road service requirements. :R
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
I had it from Amica for a year after I noticed they offered it for $30. Reading the policy for year 2 I noticed they only covered up to $100 per incident which is not what I wanted. Check the details. I went back to GS.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Iceman567 wrote:

Thanks,
Ted

IF the lizard's roadside service is like AAA's you'll need to locate your own service provider, pay them and then seek reimbursement. pays to find out how it works before making a decision.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting you should ask about this. I was just reviewing my Roadside Coverage. I also have Roadside Assistance with Progressive Insurance and before yesterday, I supplemented that with AAA Premier RV coverage(doublekill, I know). In the past AAA and Progressive have been NO help when it came to Tire Changing Service(the kind of service that requires a service center to bring out a like tire and change it at scene).

This has been near and dear since in the past several year's, I've had to ask for this type of help about 4 times while traveling. I ended up signing up for Good Sam Roadside because I know they offer this service. Long story short, for my cancelled AAA Premier/RV coverage, I can get Good Sam and keep my AAA auto plus have Progressive as a back up plan...all for the same amount of $$$.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Have you ever played the part for an over emotionally distressed gecko? If not , I'm not sure.
Sorry, have Geico but never had to use that, and when you asked I instantly remembered the lizard with the flat tire. :R