cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV delivered to site?

scrcdawn
Explorer
Explorer
we are looking into possibly purchasing an RV lot in the Keys in the future, but do not have ( and do not want) a large truck. Do some dealers deliver? Our friends use a place near Ft Myers Beach that stores their RV, and when they call they will actually deliver their unit and set it up. For the life of me I have not been able to find any such services.

TIA!!!
9 REPLIES 9

wilssm
Explorer
Explorer
When we purchased our new trailer last fall to replace our much smaller trailer on our seasonal site our dealer delivered it (for a modest fee) and took away our old trailer which we used as a trade in
Wilssm

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many dealers will deliver for a price, and if they don't do it themselves, can find someone to do it.

It is not necessarily something they advertise, the demand is small.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

stevewise
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought my first TT in Orlando FL the dealer delivered it to the CG in Cocoa Beach for no charge.
'15 Sierra 377FLIK
'14 Ford F350 SRW King Ranch
DW and Cricket the Chihuahua

joe_b_
Explorer
Explorer
Whether or not the dealer will deliver, they will have access to companies that will. Probably the same ones that bring them new units from the factory. There is a storage place on Hwy 19, between Crystal River and Homosassa that does pick up and deliveries in that area to campgrounds. When we were full timing, and spent most of one winter at Nature's Resort RV park, many of the seasonal snowbirds from out of state used the storage place. The Snowbirds, many of them, would drive their cars to Florida and didn't even own a truck to move their 5th wheels. They told me the storage place was reasonable on their charges, much cheaper than owning a truck. Probably a similar type business in the Ft Meyers area that would do a delivery to the Keys. Any dealer in the area should be able to put you in touch with the haulers.
joe b.
Stuart Florida
Formerly of Colorado and Alaska
2016 Fleetwood Flair 31 B Class A w/bunks
www.picturetrail.com/jbpacooper
Alaska-Colorado and other Trips posted
"Without challenge, adventure is impossible".

bobsinn
Explorer
Explorer
I saw this on Craigslist
http://keys.craigslist.org/rvs/5088371743.html
2001 Itasca Sundancer 27P
2000 Honda Civic

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a fiver for my daughter in 2004 to live in while her
hurricane damaged house was repaired. I told the dealer it was
a done deal if he could deliver to her driveway about 14 miles away
within 4 hours. A husband/wife team showed up with a 1 Ton dually in
20 minutes and followed me to her driveway. Dealer paid for the
transportation which probably cost $200.00 or so.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
There are many private contractors that will move any towable for much less than a dealer.
Ask the camp for recommendations.

2lazy4U
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a trailer in AZ and had a contractor deliver it to Colorado. I got him of Ubid. Worked out great.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes Most good dealers deliver in a reasonable distance. They can take it to your seasonal site, or to the campground storage lot. And then when you want to be at the CG. Call the CG, and they will put it on a site for you.
At least that is how it works in this area.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers