cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
So have you folks with the old diesels like the 7.3 psd looked into burning waste motor oil?

I tried a few tankfuls of a dealer's blend several years ago and it just didn't live up to the promises - more expensive, fewer mpg's, percieved reduction in performance, and my two diesel mechanics yelled at me. I also have an old 6.9 with low mileage and since the body is getting rough I might risk it in that truck, but my attitude with my RV and TV combo is the same as it was decades ago when we had a boat on the Chesapeake - When I can't afford to do it right, I won't do it at all. Just my bias.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Dave_H_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
So have you folks with the old diesels like the 7.3 psd looked into burning waste motor oil? I have bought 10 gallons of diesel since the snow melted off last winter. That was because the clanker had to idle for hours that day with pets in it.

The dieselstop has all the info. If you got the facility, and are adventuresome, take the plunge.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
SRT wrote:
Gas prices are still slowly drifting down. Low of $3.61 to $3.64 with several still at $3.69. Sure would love to see $2.00 a gallon of gas. Glad we didn't get a diesel 'cause that fuel still is 20ยข a gallon higher than gasoline.

Diesel here as "low" as 3.56. BUT, diesel cars/trucks get more mpg's than gasoline, more than enough to offset the price differential, which in our area is up to 40 cents higher than regular. Diesel engines generally last longer than their gas brothers, although they cost quite a bit more and IMO are only worth the cost if you keep them for several years and/or drive a lot of miles annually. Diesel oil is cheaper to produce than gasoline and that was reflected in its lower cost until the environmentalists surrendered us to the ME almost 40 years ago.
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Boom, prices went up 10ยข a gallon to $3.74. Sure is weird with the oil prices still around the mid $80's a barrel. And here I thought we don't get any oil from Libya. Oh, maybe they figure Hurricane Irene will crush east coast refineries....:R Just another way to maximize their profits.....:E

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Gas prices are still slowly drifting down. Low of $3.61 to $3.64 with several still at $3.69. Sure would love to see $2.00 a gallon of gas. Glad we didn't get a diesel 'cause that fuel still is 20ยข a gallon higher than gasoline.

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Sure know that, SRT, and we cut our trip back but still going - not as far and not as long. We are fortunate that it is in the states with some of the lowest prices in the nation - AZ,NM, CO, WY, UT, etc. Paid $3.22 for reg here yesterday; diesel is $3.66.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Just checked Gas Buddy for my area. Prices are mostly $3.69 with several stations lower. Sure would like prices to drop further. Because of the higher prices (and high temperatures) we decided no trips this summer. We've been up to the kid's lake cabin once for a week. Might go up again this week. With the inflation, the dollar just doesn't go as far on a retiree's income.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
cekkk wrote:
SRT wrote:
Snip. Sure wished I'd bought gold when it was around several hundred dollars an ounce.
My guess is you'll get your chance.

X2 As the man said one born every minute.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
SRT wrote:
Snip. Sure wished I'd bought gold when it was around several hundred dollars an ounce.
My guess is you'll get your chance.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Just heard on the news that oil is trading around $83 a barrel. There was something about the Asian markets dropping 300 points. Gotta make sure the seat belt is fastened for the upcoming "ride.". Sure wished I'd bought gold when it was around several hundred dollars an ounce.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
According to Gas Buddy the gasoline prices around here run from $3.67 to $3.79. Many stations are at $3.75. Amazing isn't it :R, the oil drops by almost $10 the other day and the prices of gasoline drops around 4ยข a gallon.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, diesel went up 3 cents this week and up from 3.63 to 3.74 in two weeks.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
if oil is 86 then gas prices will go down a nickel maybe. LOL

The ones that will take it next will be the gold people. If the dollar holds for even a few days watch that fall like the over priced rock it is.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the price of oil dropped to $86+ today. Any guesses when the price of gasoline will follow?

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Texas Flash wrote:
Ever wonder why fuel jumps UP 10 cents overnite, but never drops DOWN 10 cents overnite?

I think it is called profit maximization.