cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like gas prices are down another penny. Most stations are at $3.53 and $3.54 a gallon. But it still cost me $38+ to fill 2 5 gallon cans with non-ethonal 91 octane for the tractor (yup, the mower is off, the snow blower and chains go on today).

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Dick A wrote:
SRT wrote:
OK, gas prices are continuing to drift downward a few pennies at a time. Prices around town vary from $3.52 to $3.59. Sam's Club was $3.43 the other day. Diesel is still running about 40ยข a gallon higher. Sure glad we didn't upgrade even if the ride is better.

That is an apples to oranges comparison as diesel coaches are generally much heavier and larger. When we had a 35' gas coach which weighed about 17,000 lbs we averaged 7 mpg towing. Now we have a 45' coach weighing about 37,000 lbs and I still average 7 mpg. Thus, if the amount of work done per pound of load, diesel is considerable less expensive.

That said, if we did not have a bunch of greedy ignoramuses running the energy policies all our energy prices would be less.

Yes, that's true about diesel having more bang for the buck. But I can buy enough gasoline at 40ยข less a gallon to keep me happy.

Yup, we have a bunch of non-elected idiots in Washington, DC that have an agenda that doesn't match ours. I will say, IMHO, that the hedge funds don't help us.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
instead just invest 500 million of that into a car built in Finland that costs $96,000 and at 30 miles runs out of electricity.
bumpy
Why do that? When you can buy a Chevy Volt here for $40,000.00 that weighs almost 4,000 pounds and runs out of elec. @ 40 miles???

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
"That said, if we did not have a bunch of greedy ignoramuses running the energy policies all our energy prices would be less."

I always love inspirational tidbits like this quote. It is sorta like "vote them all out!" Lest one forgets how "they" got there in the first place.......... you voted them in, LOL

Stand back for a moment and realize how hard it is to remove the Teat of the oil from the mouths of politicians and lobbyists. Do you really think that more of the same in the fossil fuel world is the answer? Heck if that were so all our ships would still run on coal!

All I am saying is look beyond today and think.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel here in Colorado has gone up a dime in a week. Our gasoline prices are a bit above national average BUT - regular unleaded here is only 85 octane, so we're getting the shaft for another dime.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

The_Weekenders
Explorer
Explorer
Oil rich North Dakota is going back up in diesel prices. In Bismarck (the Tessoro Refinery next door in Mandan) diesel is at $4.13 at the Oasis Truck stop, other spots is at 3.99. Filled up at Sams Club for $3.82. At my home in Harvey, it has gone up a dime to $3.88. As usual in the spring and summer, they say there is a shortage due to farmers springs work and fall harvesting. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Every meal is a feast, everyday is a parade and every paycheck is a fortune!
Spring is coming soon as well Minnesota Twins spring training๐Ÿ˜›
Rick & Sheila's RVing Album
Rick's Facebook
2004 Ford F350 6.0PSD
2008 Keystone Montana 3585SA

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
instead just invest 500 million of that into a car built in Finland that costs $96,000 and at 30 miles runs out of electricity.
bumpy

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
"""That said, if we did not have a bunch of greedy ignoramuses running the energy policies all our energy prices would be less."""

For $525 million of stimulus money, I could run a study of that and be sure.

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
SRT wrote:
OK, gas prices are continuing to drift downward a few pennies at a time. Prices around town vary from $3.52 to $3.59. Sam's Club was $3.43 the other day. Diesel is still running about 40ยข a gallon higher. Sure glad we didn't upgrade even if the ride is better.

That is an apples to oranges comparison as diesel coaches are generally much heavier and larger. When we had a 35' gas coach which weighed about 17,000 lbs we averaged 7 mpg towing. Now we have a 45' coach weighing about 37,000 lbs and I still average 7 mpg. Thus, if the amount of work done per pound of load, diesel is considerable less expensive.

That said, if we did not have a bunch of greedy ignoramuses running the energy policies all our energy prices would be less.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
I use my American Express from Costco for most of my fuel, it is a 3% card.
I have a BP that pays 5% but there aren't many station west of the Mississippi.
I also have a freedom card that pays 5% in July Aug and Sept. if I remember to use it. LOL.

The Costco is the best as we shop there weekly and even on line they have good items for less. I find by charging everything I can I Get several hundred back by year's end.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
In my thread "Are there good gasoline discount cards any more?", the question came up about credit cards that offer "pay at the pump" rebate: do you get the rebate when you take the card inside before pumping. (When you are limited to $75 or $100 at the pump, and want, say, 100 or more gallons.) I will continue the discussion here where it seems appropriate.

On my citibank card giving 3% rebate on Conoco-Phillips-76 (to be discontinued after Oct 31!), I have definitely received the rebate after taking the card inside to the desk. They hold the card, I pump 100+ gallons of diesel, they swipe the card inside, then the rebate shows up on my next billing statement.

I have just applied for a PenFed card; hope that it will work the same way.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to me that converting over the road trucks to natural gas is a great idea. Truck stops could add the filling pumps and it could be done over a 5 year period. Most trucks have to have major engine work (in frame) about every 1.5 million miles and it would be that expensive. We have massive quantities of natural gas and more is being discovered, New drilling techniques are getting making it easier. I'd to tell the Mideast to go pack sand. Auto's could follow as people decided themselves. I for one would love to use natural gas.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
maybe we can put some of those 1.3 billion $$$ photocells on top of our cars and run on electricity. oh wait, that company went under.
bumpy

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
HR1380 is another example of not wanting the love affair with oil and it's lobbyists to end.
This bill would have allowed companies and cities etc to move from gas powered to NG.
Natural Gas isn't the end all for cars or RV's but can be a good choice for larger items like delivery trucks, buses, city fleets, maybe taxis. The use of NG would have an effect on gas prices at the pump.
this bill is being blocked because it needs money for the start up, imagine that.
I think it would,ve had a positive effect on all of us who have been paying a lot for fuel of late.
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i