cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
The gas prices jumping around here by $0.20 soon is true...Had found a 76 station that was near a much larger grocery chain gas station and recently had been significantly underpriced. Paid $3.32/gal/regular 2 weeks ago, last fill $3.63 yesterday, now matching most of the others at $3.79. One of the causes of the quick price rise is the refinery fire and subsequent idling of the BP Cherry Point refinery in Blaine, WA. This is the third largest refinery on the west coast and accounts for 8.7% of west coast refining.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Vern Kelly - Here in southern Colorado regular is still 2.989 at the stations that give 3 cent discounts with their store card, diesel, 3.589 as of yesterday. We have been told it has to do with fraking nearby. I tend to believe that if fraking is recent, as in the past our prices have been about the same as surrounding states. Our regular unleaded is only 85 octane, so I expect it to cost a dime less than most of the rest of the country. NM has 86 octane, but I never compared the cost.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

vern_kelly
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect your reasoning is true. I have watched this differential between gas prices of the states compared to California increase over the last several years. This is the most extreme I have ever seen it. We are close to Hawaii prices (8 cents less than them today).
cekkk:

Unfortunately the illustrious CARB (California Air Resources Board) is appointed and not voted on. Most people in Sacramento think they are wonderful! They did a lot of good in the 70's and 80's which cleaned up the air and were a model for the country, but like most government agencies they are too big and live in another world from ordinary Americans. They have been quoted as saying that they want gas prices to go high to force people to change. They have figured out that price is the only thing that will make people change their ways and make other energy alternatives more economically attractive. This is not my opinion of CARB, they readily state this!

I already planned my summer vacation to Utah and Arizona this summer and will enjoy their prices while I am there!:C

The scary thing for the rest of the country is that the way Californie goes is the way the rest of the country usually goes.
1998 2500 Dodge V10 3.55 Quad cab. Lance 5000 camper 9'10" and tow 17.5 ft Larson Boat

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Vern Kelly - California doesn't get to have a different fuel blend every six blocks without a cost. Talk to your reps. Federal and local EPAs have caused the costs of buying and operating a car to skyrocket over the last 35 or so years. You might be able to wring 90% of bad stuff out of fuel for X dollars. But wringing the next 90% of the remaining ten per cent may cost 2x. Then they'll just want another 90% of 1% at a ridiculous cost for little or no net improvement. Same with CAFE standards. That's math. The "why" is political, and we can't go there.
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Cape Coral FL $3.75 regular and $4.05 diesel.

vern_kelly
Explorer
Explorer
California's average price is $4.20 American today for Regular. What bothers me more is not just the price going up which is bad enough, but why Californian's are paying nearly .60 cents more than our Arizonian neighbors and a $Dollar$ per gallon more than Utah.

I understand the good weather tax and our crazy laws here in Californie but the price differential is bad for California citizens and I am upset!
1998 2500 Dodge V10 3.55 Quad cab. Lance 5000 camper 9'10" and tow 17.5 ft Larson Boat

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Just saw on the tube that oil was at $108.xx a barrel. Plus they are still talking $5.00 a gallon of gasoline by May.....:E

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
in 3 days it went from 3.33 3.69 UP UP AND AWAY
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Up here at the head of the lakes the gas prices are starting the sprint upward. About 1/2 of the reported stations on Gas Buddy are at $3.54 this morning. Yesterday the price was $3.45. Going to get nasty if this keeps up. Looks like Plan B for this summer.

doublenot7
Explorer
Explorer
$4.76 for diesel and $4.50 for reg unleaded in SE Texas.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
We're heading down that road again. You know, the one with a Moderator with a big STOP sign at the end. We really need to go somewhere where political discussion can take place and leave the numbers posting to the less frustrated. Love this forum, but politics frowned on here. Suggestions?

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
tomman58 wrote:
The same things that pushed prices last year are doing so today. Nothing new here. The president made many interesting points today. The one that cannot be disputed is that China gained 10 million new cars in the last 3 (?) years, bottom line the drill drill drill thing is only going to be for them and we will soon pay a heck of lot more for fossil fuels. The market for oil is expanding very quickly and there just isn't enough for all so it is time to rethink energy and work to not be included in the thirst that is taking over china, Brazil, and India.

well China should have access to plenty of Canadian gas/oil now that the Keystone pipeline was shut down.
bumpy

Just who did you think was going to get the oil? US, dream on the oil goes to the money, you should know that by now!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
tomman58 wrote:
The same things that pushed prices last year are doing so today. Nothing new here. The president made many interesting points today. The one that cannot be disputed is that China gained 10 million new cars in the last 3 (?) years, bottom line the drill drill drill thing is only going to be for them and we will soon pay a heck of lot more for fossil fuels. The market for oil is expanding very quickly and there just isn't enough for all so it is time to rethink energy and work to not be included in the thirst that is taking over china, Brazil, and India.

well China should have access to plenty of Canadian gas/oil now that the Keystone pipeline was shut down.
bumpy

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Still can get regular under $3, diesel under 3.60 here in this part of Colorado. We're told it's proximity to fraking activities on private lands not controlled by Sam that accounts for about a half a buck per gallon. Lift EPA formulations, save another buck.