cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. 🙂
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
phillyg

Apparently they can get $5.69 at some tourist trap in Orlando. I doubt if that is anything other than isolated. I suspect that is a very high retail markup not a wholesale mark up.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just got a report of $5.69/gal in Orlando FL. If that's true, how can I explain that at the real end of the road, mile "0" in Key West, it's only (yes, I said "only") $4.00/gal.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the value of the dollar is one factor.

While ethanol laced 87 octane gas is running $3.60 to $3.70 the ethanol free version when you can find it is costing about $.15 more.

Today I was able to find ethanol free 90 octane (min for Stihl saw is 89) for our two cycle engines. After picking up a used Stihl 361 over the weekend I am moving to the Stihl HP Ultra mix vs WM TCW3 oil that I have been using using in the smaller Stihl saw and Poulan blower and trimmer. I am still mixing at 40:1 and will see how that goes.

Most likely I will stick with the WM TCW3 for the four cycle engines that I desire to add 2-cycle oil to the fuel.

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Lets not forget that oil is purchased worldwide with US dollars because it's the reserve currency and they have been making boo-coo dollars with QE1 & 2 and the bailouts.

Corn, pork bellies, oil, corn, wheat....it's all going up and will continue to go up.

Each incremental rise in gasoline just shortens the radius of our trips.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Gas prices are now $3.50 to $3.59 a gallon. Diesel prices are mostly $3.99 with several at $4.06.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Right now there is a 10¢ spread on the price of gasoline - $3.49 to $3.59. Prices are still going up.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
Mike, I used to be brand particular, buying from my local gas station. Then I went through a Costco phase, but now I pretty much fuel at Fred Meyer near our house.

I used to drive tanker truck filling gas stations, and I laugh when I hear people say they won’t buy gas from AM/PM because it’s not as good as Chevron or Union76. Silly people, it all comes from the same refineries, the only thing that is different is the additives.

And it amazes me how many people don’t really understand the difference between octane levels. Higher octane does not equate to more power, in fact the higher octane the cooler the fuel burns.

Right now I wish I could affordably add dual fuel Natural Gas to my old Suburban, those $160 fill ups are going to hurt in the future.

We’ll be up in BC this summer returning to the Columbia Valley area for a couple weeks. Hans
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
C-172-AV8R wrote:
Do you fill up at the station with the cheapest gas in your area or do you always go for the brand that you like and is there a difference. With me it's like a treasure hunt when I'm visiting south of the border.We dont get to hunt up here.If one station in an area is at a set price they are all there.....Mike

I stick to the top tier gasoline retailers that are known to have 2.5 to 5 times the minimum EPA required detergent additives that will keep the engines clean (link). I use gasbuddy.com to identify stations with the best prices that are near my daily travels versus the closest to home stations. This usually saves $0.07 to $.1 per gallon. Prices have had some interesting behavior this last year when the prices dropped, some stations stayed at higher prices and dropped slowly while others dropped rapidly, so I remember a $0.25/gal for regular difference at one point.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

gene327
Explorer
Explorer
There was a story on the local news, ABC's affiliate KMBC 9 in Kansas City that said that for each dime the oil went up in price the speculators on wall street took in $10. The big oil companies have their share of the blame to, but most ot the increases are due to speculators. Untill they are brought into check, then we can all look forward to high fuel prices.
harold e steffee

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
Ka Ron wrote:
Okay, who is ripping off who?

When oil was $150.00 a barrel gas prices up here was around $1.08 per litre.

Now oil is $108.00 a barrel and gas prices are $1.40 per litre.

Would some one from an oil company explain this please???

I think it is, let's rip off the public

since you refer to price per litre, I "assume" you are a Canadian. the Canadian govt. has much tighter control over your oil so you should ask them.
bumpy

Canada's federal and provincial & local taxes run prices up a buck to as much as $1.60/gallon, whereas our taxes average about a half a buck.

Prices by State
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

C-172-AV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Do you fill up at the station with the cheapest gas in your area or do you always go for the brand that you like and is there a difference. With me it's like a treasure hunt when I'm visiting south of the border.We dont get to hunt up here.If one station in an area is at a set price they are all there.....Mike
Pacific Islanders
Abby's Doghouse... 31'Winnibago Chieftain
Casara pilot
FMCA F371731
"Any Day you wake up is a good one"
Mike/Ulla/Abby

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
Seattle Area average, $3.95 Regular unleaded, $4.40 Diesel.

Compare Fuel Prices

I think there is going to be a resurgence in small and lightweight RV's again. Time to put a hitch on my 2006 VW Jetta TDI (Turbocharged/Direct Injection - Diesel).
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Ka Ron wrote:

since you refer to price per litre, I "assume" you are a Canadian. the Canadian govt. has much tighter control over your oil so you should ask them.
bumpy

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer

vern_kelly
Explorer
Explorer
You can compare state average gas and diesel prices at this site: http://www.fuelgaugereport.com/sbsavg.html
1998 2500 Dodge V10 3.55 Quad cab. Lance 5000 camper 9'10" and tow 17.5 ft Larson Boat