cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
from gasbuddy Ft Mc Clellan Alabama 2.70 gallon

That is low price. We are at $3.14 today but it has been wild of late.

Lower across country.

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
from gasbuddy Ft Mc Clellan Alabama 2.70 gallon

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
The Weekenders wrote:
SRT wrote:
Prices of gasoline have now risen to $3.75 at many stations. This is crazy! Haven't heard anything about the local refinery going down. Prices in the Twin Cities have also increased. They must know we're going camping this weekend about 200 miles away.

Gas in ND has risen a dime this week to 3.69, diesel a nickel to 3.74. Mandan refinery is down for 2 weeks while it is refitted for more production capacity.

Do they ship fuel to us over here on the lake? Wonder if the former Murphy refinery in Superior is changing something. Gas at the cheaper stations is up to $3.65 while the remainder remain at $3.75. Gasoline 20 miles away is $3.61 to $3.64.

The_Weekenders
Explorer
Explorer
SRT wrote:
Prices of gasoline have now risen to $3.75 at many stations. This is crazy! Haven't heard anything about the local refinery going down. Prices in the Twin Cities have also increased. They must know we're going camping this weekend about 200 miles away.

Gas in ND has risen a dime this week to 3.69, diesel a nickel to 3.74. Mandan refinery is down for 2 weeks while it is refitted for more production capacity.
Every meal is a feast, everyday is a parade and every paycheck is a fortune!
Spring is coming soon as well Minnesota Twins spring training๐Ÿ˜›
Rick & Sheila's RVing Album
Rick's Facebook
2004 Ford F350 6.0PSD
2008 Keystone Montana 3585SA

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
$3.12 in south hill, VA.
bumpy

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
And here in the peoples rebublic of california I just saw a station under $4, it was $3.99.

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Shell 87 fill up yesterday was at $3.09 which is the lowest I have seen since last fall.

CoachDad
Explorer
Explorer
Pangaea Ron wrote:
DelCamper

WA State does have the highest gas tax in the country at 37.5 cents/per gallon, but that doesn't totally explain the difference.

We complain here in Anacortes because Seattle has cheaper gas prices, and the local refinery manager told me that the paperwork had to go to Seattle and back.

Actually, WA is #9 in gas tax rates:

Gas Tax rates by state

What surprises me is NY @ #1, while across the river NJ is @ #48.... Wonder what the street price is between the two? I'll bet little difference.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Oil is down to $82.xx per barrel this morning. Probably won't affect the price of gasoline, I bet. Nope, just checked Gas Buddy and prices are still up 6ยข a gallon to $3.51 to $3.69. Diesel is $3.65 to $3.79.

DelCamper
Explorer
Explorer
You work for nothing? Be happy they are coming on line because it they weren't the prices would surely rise.

I put almost 30 years in the oil refining industry and it's feast or famine with margins going from negative to $40 a bbl after Katrina. Typically $15 a bbl is a standard. The refining end of the industry known as downstream is the most costly, most dangerous and least profitable. Uncle Sam will mandate a $200 million dollar environmental upgrade at the drop of a hat. Exploration and production known as upstream is where the money is made.

Considering the environmental mandates US refineries are the most efficient in the world refining fuel cheaper then other civilized nations.

gene327
Explorer
Explorer
Gas prices here in the Kansas City metro area have gone down considerably over the past two weeks, part of the problem is demand is up and there are a lot of the refinerys shut down for maintiance and to switch to summer blends of gas.
They should be back online in a week or so. as the oil companies greed will not let them stay idle for long.
harold e steffee

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Yikes, gasoline prices are going back up. Oil per barrel is only $84.xx. What gives?????:E Prices have climbed 6-7ยข at the cheaper stations. Why do I get the feeling were are getting screwed even more!! Something is "haywired". Used to take $150 a barrel of oil to reach $4.25 a gallon. I think it is time for the consumers to "vote with their feet."

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
If Seattle leans any farther left, it'll slide right into the Pacific. Enjoy, and Kumbayah!
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
DelCamper

WA State does have the highest gas tax in the country at 37.5 cents/per gallon, but that doesn't totally explain the difference.

We complain here in Anacortes because Seattle has cheaper gas prices, and the local refinery manager told me that the paperwork had to go to Seattle and back.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L