cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Price of diesel around $3.70 here.
Took out our new trailer and was really surprised that the new truck and trailer did 11.2 to 12.2 mpg on a 250 mile trip! Truck isn't even broke in yet at 3000 miles.
The thing with fueling this GMC is the DEF is under the hood and on the wrong side for most truck stops. Your have to go in to the big boy area to get DEF and then try to be in the exact position for the hose isn't any to long. I also experienced considerable overflow once the DEF auto shut off activated.
DEF at the truck stops was $2.78 gallon.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on the new travel trailer. I'm sure you will really enjoy the new features and extra room. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
Had a little drive around the UP and then to a Michigan folks from our Old Mill Rv in Fl camp out. Good time by one and all. Averaged about n11.5 mpg with the ol'322 FKS Jayco TT behind my 2015 Dmax.
But at the campout suffered under heavy rainns and ripped the awning off one side. Went to Tawas Jays RV to have the thing replaced. Insurance is nice. While there my wise guy mechanic said "go look at your new TT" I told him I had seen the TT in Tampa in Feb but made the mistake and looked anyway.
Bottom line my sig will soon change to a Jayco Eagle premier 338RTS. This is a bad boy at 39' will likely not see the 11.5 MPG.
I will be look'n for truck stops from now on for fuel!
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
$3.15 in Central Florida at some busy stations that tend to be first to change prices.

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
If they had an unneeded employee that didn't need to be replaced, they should have removed him first. That is the way it works in the private sector. ....

Not when I was there, from 1960 to 2003. In my first management job in 1965 I had an extra guy and told the boss so, and he was soon gobbled up by another department, but when I needed an extra hand no one was available! I had a hell of a time getting someone! So I quit telling the truth, just like everyone else. Thereafter, I always had plenty reasons for hanging onto every soul I could. Call me bad, call me evil, but I always got my projects done on time and under budget, and I could prove it!

I never met a manager who was willing to giveup people or budget. Not a successful one, anyway. And it costs a lot more to hire a new guy than to keep an old one, especially if he knows the ropes. I once had a guy named "Mac" who was hated by every manager he had worked for because he was so independent, but he was smart and he knew every inch of our products. Once in a while someone would ask me "what are you going to do about Mac?" And I'd say "I'd LOVE to fire him. I'd love to take his stuff out on the lawn and burn it myself. But he's the only guy who knows enough about our whizbang product and the whiskey account to actually get it going! Ask me again when we discontinue whizbang or stop selling stuff to drug makers. I'll take him out by the scruff of the neck and the seat of the pants, throw him in the street, and tell Mac: "...and never come back!".

So we just restricted his raises, as punishment for coming to work at 10AM. Then, 2 months later he turned in his resignation and I walked into the bosses office and gleefully announced "our problem is solved! Mac just resigned!" The Boss looked stony, and said "how can we service the new brandy account, it requires 6 more of those whizbangs!"

You can guess the rest: Mac got a raise to stay on. a couple years later I left to go with a startup, my boss retired, and then Mac, unmarried and frugal, left to go to a chariity he'd been working with parttime, where he developed a charity solicitation and tracking system that soon everyone else wanted, too, so he formed a successful combine with the charity that furnished all his gadgets and such (including a GM EV2). Now, I think of ol' Mac every time I see the name of those whiskey and brandy makers. As for the company we all worked for those couple of years, it's gone, liquidated by the Eastern capitalists who knew nothing about the whiskey or brandy business, selling off assets like whizbang for whatever they could get. As Oscar Wilde put it "they knew the price of everything and the value of nothing".

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
If they had an unneeded employee that didn't need to be replaced, they should have removed him first. That is the way it works in the private sector. You can't have extra people in case you need them. When you add a new job and don't add employees, that has to mean they had too many to start with.

So then, we have no reason to give extra government money to companies to hire employees since they'd just be extra anyway.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
If they had an unneeded employee that didn't need to be replaced, they should have removed him first. That is the way it works in the private sector. You can't have extra people in case you need them. When you add a new job and don't add employees, that has to mean they had too many to start with.

Jamesq
Explorer
Explorer
I PAYED 301 FOR GAS IN MEMPHIS TN SUNDAY.

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
This just in from the internet:

"GasBuddy reported this week that this yearโ€™s Aug. 1 nationwide average gasoline price of $3.509/gal is the lowest in four years.

In addition, GasBuddy Chief Oil Analyst, Tom Kloza told Benzinga that some broad sections of the country could see gasoline priced at $3 a gallon or less by the end of the year."

I'm not going to start planning a party but this is good news. We have a 3,000 trip coming up in ten days to..... gasp, California!!!(Cha Ching!) :E Fortunately this quarter our chase Visa is giving us 5% back on gas purchases and that will certainly help as well.

:B

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
RambleOnNW wrote:
John & Angela wrote:
Greydog 1 wrote:
4.00 gas in 2008 during summer and 4.00 gas in 2014 during summer is still 4.00. Doesn't look much cheaper today until the annual decrease occurs. Where is it cheaper today than then? I haven't seen any CHEAP gas anywhere.

I agree it hasn't got much cheaper if any, at least where we are, but 6 years of inflation hasn't affected it one bit. As gasoline needs continue to fall due to higher mileage vehicles and alternative energy vehicles (or even the threat thereof), I can see a pressure to keep prices from getting out of hand. Still think that sooner or later it is going to go up though.

Cars are getting more efficient with the same power as before. The motor in the car I have is the same as the 2014, except the 2014 requires 0W-20. The big difference is the CVT transmission, lower rpms on the highway yielding 28% better gas mileage.

Yepir. I think this progression will continue in the next few years. It will have to. Electric vehicles with 200 miles of range under 40,000 dollars in the next two years. Designed and made in the US by a US company. This is all good. Nothing wrong with cleaner air.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
John & Angela wrote:
Greydog 1 wrote:
4.00 gas in 2008 during summer and 4.00 gas in 2014 during summer is still 4.00. Doesn't look much cheaper today until the annual decrease occurs. Where is it cheaper today than then? I haven't seen any CHEAP gas anywhere.

I agree it hasn't got much cheaper if any, at least where we are, but 6 years of inflation hasn't affected it one bit. As gasoline needs continue to fall due to higher mileage vehicles and alternative energy vehicles (or even the threat thereof), I can see a pressure to keep prices from getting out of hand. Still think that sooner or later it is going to go up though.

Cars are getting more efficient with the same power as before. The motor in the car I have is the same as the 2014, except the 2014 requires 0W-20. The big difference is the CVT transmission, lower rpms on the highway yielding 28% better gas mileage.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

Rocky71
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel in Nevada never go down. maybe 2 cents when it snow in July.

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Greydog 1 wrote:

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Greydog_1
Explorer
Explorer

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
It is way fun to look back over 6 years to the spring of 2008 and see the comments and the prices. Prices were higher back then and doom and gllom of parking the RV that year or the next were predomoninant. Now fuel is getting cheaper and cheaper and there are more RV's than ever on the road. Too funny. ๐Ÿ™‚