cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV lifestyle =

sacmarata
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty good place to ask this question I hope.
I was wondering what type of lifestyle folks on here live as related to their RV?
Retired wanderer?
Retired snow bird?
Work camper?
Equestrian camper?
Full time stay put camper
Etc...

Thanks
55 REPLIES 55

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Three week trips, weekends, visiting family. Mostly, I will not stay in a hotel. They scare the jeebus out of me. We camp not for the sake of camping, but to travel and pursue other endeavors, like mountain biking, riding motorcycles and/or scuba diving. I've been camping my entire life, and the camping part is still fun, but I don't miss the tent nor the self-inflating sleeping pad one bit.
In my late forty's, I'm a ways off from retirement. I kinda figure I'll be working the rest of my life. So far, that's my retirement plan.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
both retired AF. Now we camp any chance we get during the short summer season here in WI.

As our sig states, we camp and we fish. We love to explore new places and our TC makes it so much easier and convenient.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
viking10415 wrote:
super topic. next week we take off on perm vacation. sold everything, bought our new home on wheels (GYPSY), throwing the watches away and gone,lol I'm a disabled veteran, the wife is retired from the medical field. so we will spend the next 6 months or so visiting family, and then off to see the lower 48.

Good luck with your travels. Re: Watches Have not worn a watch in 8 years, after never being without one, in 40 years of work.

Know what? Haven't needed it either!!!
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

viking10415
Explorer
Explorer
super topic. next week we take off on perm vacation. sold everything, bought our new home on wheels (GYPSY), throwing the watches away and gone,lol I'm a disabled veteran, the wife is retired from the medical field. so we will spend the next 6 months or so visiting family, and then off to see the lower 48.

ridingfamily4
Explorer
Explorer
weekender - Fall, winter and spring we ride atv's in the desert. Summertime we go to the beach. We try to go on a "vacation" each year or so for at least a week. Last year we went to Yosemite. This year hasn't been decided yet.
The one who laughs last, thinks slowest! :B

2001 Minnie Winnie
2004 Enclosed trailer
2012 Artic Cat Wildcat
2013 Honda 400
2010 Honda 250
1991 Navy at A School
1995 Getting ready for college!
2001 Boxer

sacmarata
Explorer
Explorer
Keep em coming...good stuff

ghart204
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I both retired this year. We spent last winter in Florida for 3 months. We also enjoy a 10 day to 2 week trip in the fall and take short trips throughout the summer. Michigan offers many places to visit.
GHart204
2013 Holiday Rambler Vacationer

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
Great thread!

Family campers here. Wife and I tented but found we didn't go any more after we aged a bit. That led to the TT which led to the MH.

The kids have never had to rough it. We did do a couple sleepovers in tents, but not the whole cook stove and lantern thing.

We use the MH as our mobile motel room for weekend getaways to bike, hike and float. Then we take a couple of week + a few days vacations. Disney every other year with a side trip to the Keys and the beach in the off years.

We hope to make it out west to many of the NPs in a year or two on a 3 to 4 week trip.

I'm retiring in 4 years but will take on something else to make some college cash for the kids. The DW is 6 years behind me, so best case, we will both be retired in 10. Even then, the DS will only be 17, so it may be more like 12.
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Retired, Volunteer at various state parks and federal agencies in places we want to explore, wander around a month or so between locations.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
Still a working stiff with kids. A few weekends and a couple weeks during the summer.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
rickeoni wrote:
I work mon - thurs so i take every other Thursday off and we go enjoy a 4 day weekend. Retirement is so far away I never even think about it.

Don't think about it and it will be here before you know it.

Think about what? :W
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
rickeoni wrote:
I work mon - thurs so i take every other Thursday off and we go enjoy a 4 day weekend. Retirement is so far away I never even think about it.

Don't think about it and it will be here before you know it.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

Teamfour
Explorer
Explorer
Professional BBQ and Chili competitors. Plus we just love the outdoors.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 locker, 3,295 Payload
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 7.8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH

empty_nest
Explorer
Explorer
Still weekenders for a little under 2 more yrs., practicing to become winter Texans. ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 38' Winnebago Adventurer
2012 Jeep Wrangler (Toad)
03 Ranger 520 DVX - 225 hp. Evinrude