cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV state sticker map opinions

Quint_Da_Man
Explorer
Explorer
So a fellow camper and I had a discussion the other day around the campfire. We had differing opinions on filling in the states map of the states that you’ve camped in.

The general rule at least we agreed on was you had to sleep in the state for it to count. Not just drive through.

The difference of opinion came as follows.

Does the map represent states the you slept in regardless of what RV you visited the state in? As in the map can be transferred from RV to RV when you by a new rig.

Or

The map only represents the states that you stayed in with that particular RV.

What say you???
2020 Thor Quantum WS31
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
Blue Ox Ascent Tow Bar BX4370
Blue Ox Patriot II Brake BRK2016
25 REPLIES 25

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have camped in every state with a sticker on our map. Do what you want with yours. I had a competition with 2 of my daughters to fill in some of the states. They win for camping in Hawaii. I will probably never get there.
I have been to 48 states but my wife has missed a few of those. I better not count them because I was with someone else.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Please stop discussing the DOD tunnel to Hawaii. It is classified!

Can we at least mention the AWESOME travel plazas that they built every 200 miles along the tunnel? Great food and awesome views!
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Please stop discussing the DOD tunnel to Hawaii. It is classified!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Grit Dog got it right! This is exactly the kind of discussion that takes place around a campfire, sharing a couple of adult beverages! Bottom line - there is no rulebook, there are no directions except how to attach the map to your RV! Do what ever you like - why would it matter? Enjoy your time in your RV and every "doesn't matter" discussion you can share around a campfire!
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Lwiddis wrote:
When I drink I don’t discuss map sticker rights and obligations. Too many fights have broken out…even though anyone, even those drinking, can see I’m right…passing through is enough to stick!

Like button!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking a green sticker if you stayed overnight and a blue one if you only drove through the state. You could also add yellow stickers if you researched a campground in that state on internet but not yet been to the state. Red stickers could be used for states you've stayed in but have no desire to return to. Perhaps a gray one could represent states that you've traveled to by plane. Hmmm, what color for states you've flown over but not landed??? These state maps are tough!
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

Quint_Da_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Horsedoc wrote:
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
KD4UPL wrote:
Stick Hawaii on there just to blow people's minds if you want.

We put Hawaii on our map and when people ask about it I just say that when I was in the Army we got to use the DOD Tunnel to drive there...

Of course this was a joke, but I have a friend, a very gullible lady, who actually believes this kind of thing. She has 'documentation' that there is a tunnel running up the east coast with the Appalachians that it exists. She started searching when there were "three earthquakes in a row" because of this tunnel. Sad actually but she found some weird conspiracy site on the internet and believes that there are tunnels all over the country.

Sssssssshhhh don’t tell anyone but one of those tunnels comes up through my toilet........
2020 Thor Quantum WS31

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
KD4UPL wrote:
Stick Hawaii on there just to blow people's minds if you want.

We put Hawaii on our map and when people ask about it I just say that when I was in the Army we got to use the DOD Tunnel to drive there...

Of course this was a joke, but I have a friend, a very gullible lady, who actually believes this kind of thing. She has 'documentation' that there is a tunnel running up the east coast with the Appalachians that it exists. She started searching when there were "three earthquakes in a row" because of this tunnel. Sad actually but she found some weird conspiracy site on the internet and believes that there are tunnels all over the country.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Quint_Da_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
I’ll answer your question with a question. How many cocktails did it take for this discussion to not only commence, but to get into the dirty details of map stickers? Lol

Well I’d have to say we were well into our 3rd bourbon and typically by then we have solved all the worlds problems but this one was just to tough to unravel. 🙂

The other tough problem was toilet paper, over the top or under ????
2020 Thor Quantum WS31

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I have been on a lot of road trips and flights and slept in a lot of states that I did not take my RV too. Maybe I need a second map.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
Alan_Hepburn wrote:

This is a classic. :C :C :C

I told my wife when we go to Hawaii we have to rent a MH for a night so we can put it on our map!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
My rule is we have to see something of some type of significance.........Kansas and Nebraska are the exception here! :E 😛
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Alan_Hepburn wrote:

I'd believe it if you told me that the Army paid to transport your camper THERE when you were stationed and BACK when you left! That would be rather plausible to me...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I drink I don’t discuss map sticker rights and obligations. Too many fights have broken out…even though anyone, even those drinking, can see I’m right…passing through is enough to stick!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad