cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV toilet paper now that Walmart is gone?

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to load up on toilet paper. I heard that Walmart's Angel Soft dissolved well, but recently I have heard that the newer stock does not.

Does anybody have an confirmed new choice?

Thanks

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.
125 REPLIES 125

wayward1
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a sticky:D
Rick and Kristi (KNR)

Racefan1
Explorer
Explorer
The sooner the better!!!!

Mountain_Jack
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Sears catalog...:B:B:B
1989 Pace Arrow 37', Ford 460

Take Care.........Drive Safely...........Grizz Jack..........Happy fishin'.....:B:B:B

"Have You Kissed a Bass, Today?"........:W :B

DaSu
Explorer
Explorer
Two more post and it will. be closed ................;-)
2005 F250 6.0 Power Stroke SRW Crew Cab
2006 33'Jayco Eagle
"Life is Good"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
beemerphile1 wrote:
Is it okay to dump my holding tanks in the parking lot drains at Walmart?
Sure.. just get permission first.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wayward1
Explorer
Explorer
When parked long term, I only let the grey tank run free. The black is held (valve closed) and deodorant is used in the tank. When I get a couple days worth I run water from the shower down the toilet to get some water with the "stuff" to help flush it out. If your hooked up with the black tank valve open all the time the liquid out runs the solids and leaves the solid behind. After a couple weeks you have a poop/paper dam that the liquid flows over other wise known as a clog.
Rick and Kristi (KNR)

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
All this talk about TP and Walmart made me wonder. Is it okay to dump my holding tanks in the parking lot drains at Walmart? Do I have to use TP that I bought at Walmart? I've been camping at the same Walmart now for almost two weeks and the tanks are full.

Yesterday some idiot nearly hit one of my slides and then he had the nerve to complain about it sticking out in the driveway! OPEN YOUR EYES MAN! Then he complained about me taking 20 car spaces. Well where the heck does he expect me to put my BBQ grill, table, and chairs? :B

Another idiot drove across the corner of my 12 x 20 RV mat. Talk about rude! I think I am going to complain to management! :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

nitrohorse
Explorer
Explorer
Raymon wrote:
DaSu wrote:
This thread is starting to go down the toilet.

X2 I cannot believe the moderator has not closed this ridiculous thread. I wish toilet paper for my RV was all that I had to worry about! Sure glad I do not lead such a dull life. JMHO

Ray

Come on Ray, admit it, you read this and it kept you entertained.
Your life is dull if you're on here complaining about this thread.

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
DaSu wrote:

X2 I cannot believe the moderator has not closed this ridiculous thread. I wish toilet paper for my RV was all that I had to worry about! Sure glad I do not lead such a dull life. JMHO

Ray

DaSu
Explorer
Explorer
2005 F250 6.0 Power Stroke SRW Crew Cab
2006 33'Jayco Eagle
"Life is Good"

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Wishin' and Hopin' wrote:
Does it make sense to dispose of TP in a small trash bag (dispose daily/as needed) a la European style? Then the paper doesn't go into the black tank at all.

I know several that winter in one spot that do exactly that, they also use the park restroom as much as possible. It not for me, with just a little bit of effort(back flushing/tornado, right TP, using lots of water,etc...) it's never been a problem for the last five winters.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

nitrohorse
Explorer
Explorer
WoodGlue wrote:
nitrohorse wrote:
Same here. And to further recycle the used tp, I use it to start the fire for cooking.
Sometimes we just use the tp and some twigs for a quick fire to make Smores.

Great! Just getting to eat dinner over here!

WoodGlue

Good time to switch threads.....

_en_Plain_Air_
Explorer
Explorer
Does it make sense to dispose of TP in a small trash bag (dispose daily/as needed) a la European style? Then the paper doesn't go into the black tank at all.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
7.3 psdman wrote:
John&Joey wrote:
7.3 psdman wrote:
I am going to do the white cloud test too. I have noticed that the angel soft has been coming out in clumps when flushing the tank. I use a clear fitting between the rv and the hose for this reason and when the tank flush is running sometimes the flow slows to where it nearly stops for a while and then a big gob of paper will gush out. Thanks

This is exactly what was happening to me also. Just last night there was a commercial on TV for Angel Soft stating how it was new and "stronger."

This is the STUFFthat Consumer Reports is rating number 1. White Cloud makes others types also.

I bought the white cloud and brought it back. The wife said it is probably all the same so I got a bucket of water and dropped the NEW angel soft in and picked it out in one piece and then dropped the white cloud in and picked it out in pieces. Thanks!! for the tip about this. I'll do about anything that makes things easier for me.

As they say "to be foretold is to be forewarned" The "new" Angel Soft is plugging up my 5'ver that sits during the winter that we live in for three months. When I back flush a big wad would come thru, then the rest of the junk which was held back. Makes me think that the shake test in a jar for TP that everyone on the forum puts so much faith in, would be equivalent to driving your rig off a cliff. When you have FHU there is no shaking.

Glad I could help, nothing worst then working on a black tank. Local RV shop says that job starts at $500 and goes from there. Guess they don't like working on them either.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

7_3_psdman
Explorer
Explorer
John&Joey wrote:
7.3 psdman wrote:
I am going to do the white cloud test too. I have noticed that the angel soft has been coming out in clumps when flushing the tank. I use a clear fitting between the rv and the hose for this reason and when the tank flush is running sometimes the flow slows to where it nearly stops for a while and then a big gob of paper will gush out. Thanks

This is exactly what was happening to me also. Just last night there was a commercial on TV for Angel Soft stating how it was new and "stronger."

This is the STUFFthat Consumer Reports is rating number 1. White Cloud makes others types also.

I bought the white cloud and brought it back. The wife said it is probably all the same so I got a bucket of water and dropped the NEW angel soft in and picked it out in one piece and then dropped the white cloud in and picked it out in pieces. Thanks!! for the tip about this. I'll do about anything that makes things easier for me.