cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RVing in Phoenix in mid-Summer

DHart
Explorer
Explorer
We've been here in Apache Junction for over a month now. Before coming down from Washington State we were concerned about being in an RV in the summer heat of Phoenix.

What we have found is that with a late model coach and 3 rooftop AC units, there is no problem keeping the coach like a meat locker in the peak of mid afternoon heat in the RV.

We can maintain about a 30 degree difference in the coach, without resorting to reflective foil in the windows, auxiliary AC units, nor having to keep all the blinds pulled.

Parking the coach toward the NE and putting the awning on the curbside out, even at 108 outside in the shade, the coach almost feels like a meat locker at 78-79 degrees.

So... for those with similar rigs, if you've ever wondered how your rig would do in Phoenix in mid-summer... have no worries!

A few more images from the coach...

View to the Superstition Mountains as seen from my recliner in the coach.

Monsoon time here in the valley... many evenings there is a spectacular light show all around the mountains in the vallet.

Enjoying life in Arizona
=======================
2016 Newmar Bay Star 3124
10 REPLIES 10

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
More pics!!!

shoe777
Explorer
Explorer
Oh my goodness! Those pictures are gorgeous! As the previous poster suggested you need to sell some of your work to Arizona tourist org.

Thanks for sharing!
DH, Myself
and 5 Fur Balls

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy your new home...beautiful pictures of everything! We volunteered at Lost Dutchman State Park and had that mountain patio-side. Nice. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Hoppypoppy
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, you need to work for the AZ C of C. Beautiful pics. The Superstitions are the most aptly named range I have ever seen. They are simply compelling. We get a good view of them daily. Welcome to AZ.

DHart
Explorer
Explorer
Some of you may be wondering WHY we would leave the Pacific Northwest (Washington State) at a time when it is so magnificent up there and so HOT in the Phoenix area...

The reason is that we decided to sell our house there and buy one here! We wanted to get down here before home prices and interest rates got any higher. With some effort, we discovered an unincorporated area of NE Scottsdale (called Rio Verde Foothills) where there are still some homes on 1+ acre properties that don't cost a million bucks, but yet just a few minutes drive from Scottsdale. If all goes well, we will make this place our home... and our motor coach will enjoy a well-deserved rest!

The place feels quite palatial (ceilings from 9' to 20' tall in the house) compared with the 8' ceilings of our house in Washington, but I'm sure we will get used to it.

The architecture of the homes in Arizona were a major part of the attraction for us.

The "back yard" is the wild, wild west, Tonto National Forest land! Four Peaks to the east and Mc Dowell Mountain range to the south. It's really quiet and very peaceful out here. With immediate access to Tonto National Forest with off-road vehicles. I sense a Polaris RZR (side-by-side) in my future.

McDowell Mountains to the south...
=======================

DHart
Explorer
Explorer
Went out to Canyon Lake last week...

sun had set by the time we got back by Superstition, but with a long exposure, I was able to capture these views of Superstition from the north side. This is a magical place.

=======================

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
your photos are making me want to visit and camp!!!

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
DHart...

Live here in Chandler.... in the winter/ spring
we get to run out where you are every weekend... looking
forward to a bit cooler climate come Nov.! Just a reminder..
the rattlers like to find cool during the heat of the day.
Best to pay attention, as I have seen some healthy ones right
where you are staying. As mentioned , you have done well to
achieve those numbers... sounds like excellent insulation (and
North/South helps ! Have a bail out plan if power fails...
the homestead will heat up unbelievably quickly. And watch all
those low lying ravines in the Monsoons... flash floods are
life takers. Welcome to the valley of the Sun you hearty souls !

Charles
2003 2500HD, 8.1L,CC,4.10,2WD,Allison
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox Ed.
Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

I'll want the Frim Fram sauce with the Ausen Fey with
Chafafa on the side.... Nat

S_Sullivan
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful pics. Thank you for sharing. We live probably about 10 miles from where you are staying. Yes, some spectacular light shows during monsoon season.

Interesting that you come to the valley and are enjoying your coach in our heat. We take our rig and head to the hills when we can. LOL

You are blessed that it is maintaining such good temps inside. We have a Cardinal 5ver and had it parked out front with the air running while I packed it for a recent trip. Never did I get it to maintain such a difference in indoor and outdoor temp.

Enjoy AZ!

ghsebldr
Explorer
Explorer
Nice pics, you obviously saved the best one for last. Keep that puppy cool. Low 80s in SW Wa.