cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saw an ad, saw the rig, bought it

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
The DW and I have been talking on and off about a newer rig, the sun has taken it's toll on the Bounder and the fuel consumption is high. We have vacillated between Class A and Class C and back again and decided to go with a Rental resale Class C. I'm 75 and fast approaching 76, I find it difficult to get down to put the ramps under the Bounder and figured another $5000 for levelers and no amenities, I looked on CL and in the nearby listings found a 2002 Winnie Adventurer, 32V w/26000 miles and it had been covered all its life.

We looked at it Sunday and mulled it over on Monday and bought it this morning. I am not sure of the brand but it does have steering dampeners or steer straights or what ever. No wander, no semi wind buffeting and tracks straight and true. Has Banks Power system, new Michelins, flat screens front and rear. surround sound, no dents, nicks or scratches. The carpet does need cleaning but other than that, it's vacation ready. HWH levelers, power/heated mirrors, twin defroster fans and dual glazed windows with no leaks. It has a BlueOx ALADDIN tow bar and Patriot aux brake system.

Paid $30K because I wanted it and there were two other guys out on the street waiting to look, one offered full asking price.

Thanks to everyone here that gave me really good ideas and suggestions. Thanks Guys.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
20 REPLIES 20

full-timer
Explorer
Explorer
76 is not old either.
An Indian and a Gypsy

Joe and Nancy
2002 34 foot Georgetown double slide Ford V-10
towing 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier 4 Down

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job!! Pulling the trigger is the hardest part. Sounds like a nice coach, ready to go.
Wishing you a summer filled with good adventures!
I see you are from Eagle Rock....not too far from San Dimas I think, if I remember correctly. I grew up in San Dimas. My dad retired when I was getting ready for my senior year in high school. Our family moved to northern Michigan then. I need to plan a west coach trip to see everything again!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
P.S. 75 is NOT old! ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Enjoy! And you are an inspiration...hope I'm still hitting the road when I'm 75! Take care!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations . Go have some fun !

2gypsies1
Explorer II