cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowbird parks and Coronavirus

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has your snowbird park considered cancelling group activities because of the coronavirus?
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
44 REPLIES 44

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
And the - oh it's nothing attitude is exactly what will keep it spreading around. It may not affect many people any more than the flu would, but for those who do get the serious lung involvement, I bet they will wish they had stayed home. And who gets it most ? Seniors and people with other illnesses and compromised immunity systems. How many at the snowbird parks are either a senior - have another illness, and have compromised immunity systems? Most will meet 1 of those 3 criteria.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Quite a few are leaving the RGV earlier than planned. Warm weather in the Midwest is one reason. Wanting to be near family and family doctors is another. Nobody wants to be sick 2,000 miles from home. Ask the folks on the cruise ships.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
The news media has done a great job blowing this up.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
If they aren't at a park event, their still on somebody's patio for Happy Hour.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
CarnationSailor wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
While we are thinking numbers approximately 6000 people die EACH DAY in this country and nary a news story.

Die of what? Old age?
Old age isn't a statistical category, so when a centenarian passes on some disease or condition gets credit. Yet another reason why many statistics must be viewed with a healthy skepticism.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
No, and I would only expect events be cancelled if the virus hits in our county in the Florida Keys.
We are a condominium campground and had a board/general meeting today and not a thing was brought up about it.

Guy

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would add that we snowbirder's are poster children for the demographic of those that have the worst outcome with this new coronavirus. We are almost like the senior center in Kirkland, Wa, as we have many social gatherings and dances in our ballroom each week.

We are questioning if we will be able to head back to NW Washington this summer.

We have a plan in place to leave Arizona and head to Texas and then North in 5 weeks, which we may have to abort. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
So far, in our large park with nearly 4000 in it nothing has changed. Its business and fun as usual.....in Arizona
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

I can't say what the management of our park may have considered, but it did sponsor an "end of season" party last night.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Dick_B wrote:
While we are thinking numbers approximately 6000 people die EACH DAY in this country and nary a news story.

Die of what? Old age?
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
firemedic1992 wrote:
The flu is deadlier than the coronavirus and nobody is panicking about the flu like they are over coronavirus.

Flu vs coronavirus

Actually, this is probably not true. Currently COVID-19 mortality rate appears significantly higher than flu. Flu has been widespread for many decades and infected up to possibly a billion people last year. COVID-19 is just getting started. If, and when it has infected a billion people, you will most likely see far higher death numbers than from the flu...... . Maybe in a year it will drop to regular flu levels when a vaccine and other treatments become widely available.
Better information: Johns Hopkins Current information
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
What difference does it make? If you are uncomfortable attending, donโ€™t go.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

firemedic1992
Explorer
Explorer
The flu is deadlier than the coronavirus and nobody is panicking about the flu like they are over coronavirus.

Flu vs coronavirus

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't that be a needless knee-jerk reaction? Thousands die from the so-called regular viruses every year and activities are not curtailed, schools aren't closed, etc. We've grown very complacent with communicable diseases.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE