cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar powered spotlight

jstaffon
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a solar powered led spotlight to light my US flag during the night. Right now I'm raising and lowering the flag each day. I would like a solar powered one that clamps to my 5th wheel ladder which is where I have the flag pole mounted. What are you all doing to light your flag during the evening hours? Thanks in advance!
2020 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali, Duramax
2016 Forest River Rockwood 8299BS

Jeff
Idaho Falls, Idaho
---
12 REPLIES 12

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
JohnG3 wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:
Please, just don't use too bright of a light. It may accidentally end up lighting up someone else site that doesn't want the extra light.

If the flag is at the top of a pole and the light is pointed up at the flag, how does that effect another campsite? The first light is placed at the top of the pile and shines directly down the pole.

Just wondering.

In that case it would be fine.

I was thinking of a big, bright, spotlight, setting somewhere at a angle pointing ;somewhat; up at the light. At some of the campgrounds I use a person on the other side of the park might be at a higher elevation then the light and a big bright spotlight can easily shine all the way across the park and into someone else site.

Had a cop pull into someone else site across the park once. He turned his spotlight on and sat there for a couple of hours. The whole time blinding us, clear across the park, from him. The next day I asked the people in that site about it and they said he was a friend of theirs that just stooped to chat.

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:
Please, just don't use too bright of a light. It may accidentally end up lighting up someone else site that doesn't want the extra light.

If the flag is at the top of a pole and the light is pointed up at the flag, how does that effect another campsite? The first light is placed at the top of the pile and shines directly down the pole.

Just wondering.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

jstaffon
Explorer
Explorer
CarolynandBob wrote:
A little off topic, but does anyone have an issue with the flag pole banging against the ladder at night with the wind? I have budgie it at the top of the ladder, but last night is was still banging.

I had the same issue. I tightened the clamps to remove any gaps. My pole is fiberglass so I didn't want to tighten the clamps too tight. In my case, I thought it was the pole rattling but after looking closer, I realized it was the hooks that the flag was attached too making the noise.

Jeff
Idaho Falls, Idaho
---

CarolynandBob
Explorer
Explorer
A little off topic, but does anyone have an issue with the flag pole banging against the ladder at night with the wind? I have budgie it at the top of the ladder, but last night is was still banging.
2017 Vilano 375FL (Bob's Cabin Carolyn's Beach House)
2017 F350 Dually 4x4
8 Year old Pug/Terrier
9 Year old Puggle
8 Year old Boxer/Greyhound

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
jstaffon wrote:
CavemanCharlie wrote:

Good point! ๐Ÿ™‚

X3!

Way too many campers want to light up like Times Square!

Find one that will illuminate just the flag and not other campers.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

jstaffon
Explorer
Explorer
CavemanCharlie wrote:

Good point! ๐Ÿ™‚

Jeff
Idaho Falls, Idaho
---

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
A good deflector, and pointed straight up wouldn't be too bad. I've seen a few that were just flood lights and they were pretty annoying in a dark campground.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
I have one like this for the house. Remote locatable solar panel (about 10 ft.) Two levels of power, auto on/off. I searched the info on the panel ( A 180 X) but it didn't have any results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solar-Powered-28-LED-Flood-Light-Garden-Pool-Pond-Spotlight-Outdoor-Lamp-6J77-/111788778507?hash=item1a0721640b:g:F6UAAOSwDNdVpybW
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really like like This one works very well for my flags.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
'