cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Space saving ideas

micheleh
Explorer
Explorer
New to the forum and thought I would share. Hubby and I own a 19' Hardside Trailight with the beds that pop out. We have had it for 10 years. We get out at least once a month on the weekends with friends. We winter camp it's fun to watch them plow out the snow to park the trailer.
1.Bathroom on the door I hang a clear plastic shoe rack for all of those little things that take up room.
2.Kitchen 3M hooks hold a 12" piece of cloth tripple folded for strength. I put button holes in the material and that is where I hang all of my pan scrapers and wooden spoons. I use two rows, bottom row is between first row for spoon head room.
3.Basket for Oil, vinager, that kind of stuff in fall everything goes in house and gets used up during winter then replaced new in spring. If we do winter camping it is ready to go.
4.Space bags are great for the bedding not used often.
5.Have a little cupboard that I use for can goods. Again 3M hooks I
made a cloth strip with pockets that I use for plastic grocery bags.
6.I made my own shade cloth for the awning, with hooks and everything was less then $50.00.
7.I make bags to hold many things that go into storage area to keep it neet and together. If you don't sew, onion and potatoe bags will work.
8.I use a double sided fishing tackle container, one side fuses and bulbs, the other is for sewing any mending that I do on the road.
7 REPLIES 7

Gunner45
Explorer
Explorer
Great tips, thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

~ Dori ~

hitchup
Explorer
Explorer
Try adding the Full-timing label. Fitting all the daily needs into a small space is a BIG challenge.

I organize, reorganize and we still misplace things. But every year, I identify a problem area and find a simple solution.
2014 DRV Mobile Suite Estates 38RSB3....our custom home
2014 Ford F450 KR CC 4x4......his office
2015 Lance 1172 TC.....mobile Motel FOR SALE
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005

"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss it, you will land among the Stars."

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
Go Dogs wrote:
I would imagine that if the OP has used a 19ft TT for 10 years, she has pared down to the essentials.

Yes, one would think so, but it rarely holds true. Some of us have been RVing and/or camping for over 50 years, and the RV or camper STILL has "stuff" in it that hasn't been used in years, but we just can't bear to part with it. The old "But, WHAT IF..." always rears its ugly head, and the junk stays aboard. Or, (as in the case of the spare tire), "Someday I might really NEED that!" so, there it is, hanging under the rear of the coach.
Or, do we REALLY need D, C, AA, and AAA batteries? Someday, yes.
So, they are in the drawer.
Of course, the same goes for kitchen and BBQ utensils and appliances. Do we REALLY need an electric hand mixer? Well, yes, someday...
Do I really NEED cast iron skillets? Well, no, I guess not, but I simply LIKE them better than any others, so I keep them.
Do I really NEED an electric coffee maker? No, the percolator on the stove works just fine, but I enjoy the convenience of the electric one, so we have it aboard.
I guess that is one of the reasons we have a 32 foot Class A; so we have room for the "stuff" that would not fit in a truck camper (like my amateur radio masts and antennas, plus the ancillary stuff that allows me to set up an all mode all band radio station almost anywhere!)
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
I would imagine that if the OP has used a 19ft TT for 10 years, she has pared down to the essentials.

nevadanick
Explorer
Explorer
Start getting rid of stuff that isnt necassary and there will be lots more space.

knshook
Explorer
Explorer
I have always liked the challenge of finding extra space......we placed a curtain rod across the top of shower stall. We hung clips that serve as damp towel /wet clothes holder. I loved your idea for clear shoe rack used on back of bathroom door...very clever idea. Necessity really is the mother of invention and you have proved that adage. Thanks for sharing!
Wouldn't it be fun for everyone to share storage ideas? Perhaps it's been done before but an update wouldn't hurt,would it?

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
This needs to be posted in the Handy Hints thread.

This has over 3,000 entries and has lots and lots of ideas. I am sure you would be amazed at some of these great ideas.

Handy Hints, Products and Gizmos
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW