cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spittoon? in a shower Wolf Pup camper

caver
Nomad
Nomad
I looked at a small TH made by Forest River Friday and it had what looked like a spittoon in the shower. You can see what I'm talking about
in this video if you stop it at about 1:19Spittoon There's no tap over it or nothing to hold the shower wand. This unit does not have a sink in the head which is fine as I can just brush my teeth over the kitchen sink like I did in my first TT. I don't even recall the salesman having an answer. :h :h :h
26 REPLIES 26

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
NRALIFR wrote:
Naio wrote:
...but having the kids sleeping right above your head must be pretty bad for the sex life.

If there’s kids sleeping above you in the camper, you’ve already gotten all of that you’re gonna get. From that person, anyway.

:):)

ROFL. I was thinking the same thing.
Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
“Is there some magical germ barrier at a bathroom sink...”

No, but not having a toilet area sink and washing, brushing etc. in the kitchen sink lacks class. It also sends the wrong message to children if you have them.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Pft, spitoon.. Clearly that's a urinal!

caver
Nomad
Nomad
CavemanCharlie wrote:

The rest of the RV is not what I'm looking for but, to each their own.

It wasn't what I had in mind either but I've reconsidered. I want a small TH yet be able to haul SxS. Then I saw this and though ehhh leave the SxS at home and now will be able to haul my dual sport motorcycle in there instead of the pickup. Occasionally in travel mode I see an area I want to explore so why take the truck. Then there's the whole ordeal of unhooking the truck to unload the bike. The one thing that is a turnoff is water capacity is a bit small for the boondocking I do.

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Lwiddis wrote:
Washing your hands after a potty visit in the kitchen sink? Not me, brother. How about shaving there too..and tooth brushing? DW doing make up and hair?

Is there some magical germ barrier at a bathroom sink that the kitchen does not have? I had an Amish made Lighthouse trailer many years ago that only had a kitchen sink so it's nothing new to me. No wife or kids to deal with so yeah I can shave at the sink. :B

One less item to winterize too.

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Dutch_12078 wrote:
That's the bathroom sink. If you look closely, you'll see there's a second shower wand holder installed at an angle just above the sink. It's not the best arrangement I've seen, but I guess it beats the wet bath often found in smaller RV's.

I noticed that but the unit I looked at did not have any such holder. I may go back and will correct this myself if I missed it. Yeah I've never owned a wet bath and never will.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really don't see anything wrong with that compromise. RV's are small and you have to get creative with where you are going to put things. That sink is out of the way and gets the job done.

The rest of the RV is not what I'm looking for but, to each their own.

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Naio wrote:
Definitely a spittoon.

I love the back porch, but having the kids sleeping right above your head must be pretty bad for the sex life.

If there’s kids sleeping above you in the camper, you’ve already gotten all of that you’re gonna get. From that person, anyway.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 ‘Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam types………..Let’s Go Brandon!!!

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, Emily was kind of cute - but that's all I've got to say about that video...
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
Definitely a spittoon.

I love the back porch, but having the kids sleeping right above your head must be pretty bad for the sex life.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's the bathroom sink. If you look closely, you'll see there's a second shower wand holder installed at an angle just above the sink. It's not the best arrangement I've seen, but I guess it beats the wet bath often found in smaller RV's.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Washing your hands after a potty visit in the kitchen sink? Not me, brother. How about shaving there too..and tooth brushing? DW doing make up and hair?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad