cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stolen RV and Corvette

chris_hayes
Explorer
Explorer
Help please ,my Coachmen Mirada,white and red Corvette on a silver trailer has gone missing from American Rv park in Albuquerque.Last seen 4TH of July.
I have been traveling your beautifull country as i am from Australia,any help would be appreciated and i am offering a $5000 cash reward for information leading to recovery
RV Plate 4C4858C,Corvette plate 4C5958F,Trailer plate 4C7419F.
chrishayeslaptop@gmail.com 011 61 7 40984101

Thank You Chris Hayes
18 REPLIES 18

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard the same exact thing from people who were in the LEO field. Car/truck thieves can be extremely sophisticated. If there is a lock, someone will eventually make a lockpick for it. May take time and expense.

Only real protection is to keep your insurance current on everything, and take photos of what one has, with serial numbers. There are apps that can do this, and store the info on a cloud provider (Dropbox/iCloud).

Kirk
Explorer
Explorer
A friend or ours is retired from the Texas Criminal Investigation Dept. and used to lead a stolen car detail. During that time they broke up a ring of thieves who actually took orders for cars in Mexico and then stole them in the USA, mostly in TX cities, delivering them to order. There were several major government officials among the clients of the ring.

Like most here, I don't hold out a lot of hope for recovery, particularly not all three together.
Good travelin! ........Kirk
Professional Volunteer
Fulltimer for 11 years,
URL: www.adventure.1tree.net

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
robatthelake wrote:
Although it's possible I somehow doubt that Mexico is hiding Your Rig.! More likely it is still in New Mexico. Probably in pieces by now!

A few years back I read a story about somebody who went down to Tijuana and went through the employee parking lot at the Tijuana City Hall and wrote down as many VIN's as the could from employees cars. They then checked those VIN's through NCIC and something like 40% of the cars were reported stolen in the US. There were even cars being used by the Tijuana Police Department that were stolen from the US.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Kirk
Explorer
Explorer
There is also an active thread on this incident at the Escapee's Forums, should anyone here be interested.
Professional Volunteer
Fulltimer for 11 years,

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
jimtoo wrote:
What state are the license plate from?

4C Montana LLC. Had my Nissan Pick up stolen twice. Got it back the first time with minor damage. Gone for good the second time while at a San Diego shopping mall. What a sick feeling. Ins co settled with me for what I thought was more than fair. They even reimbursed me for the club brake pedal lock that was laying on the seat. Wish you the best.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry for your loss. It is unlikely you will see either again.

Stolen premium cars are often shipped out of the country within a day or two, or disassembled within hours if parts are in demand. A Corvette fits both markets.

Stolen RVs (and light aircraft) from locations near the border with Mexico are usually sold to drug smugglers for a single one way trip back to the U.S., but often destroyed if the trip is successful.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Hope the sheriff checks the chop shops. The parts for a C5 are an easy sell if the thief knows the market. Vettes come apart very easy.

chris_hayes
Explorer
Explorer
Hi thanks for your help,the whole rig is registered in Montana thru Bennet Law as i am from Australia and it made registration simple,The Corvette is a 2001 C5 Coupe,i have been traveling your great country for 5 years and i do find everyone very friendly and helpfull.My attorney John Bennet can be contacted on 406 360 8242 to save ringing Australia if anyone has any info or my email chrishayeslaptop@gmail.com.Thanks everyone Chris

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
The Texan wrote:
Sorry, but they are already in Mexico. They will still have the plates on them 5 years from now, as do many stolen vehicles we observed in several area, during our travels there. We even spotted a truck stolen from a RV.Net member years ago and it still had the Canadian plates they listed here on the net.

If you see my 2007 Silverado Greystone Metallic Crew Cab Dually down there with Texas plates, please feel free to shoot whoever's driving it.......
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

Kirk
Explorer
Explorer
I have contacted American RV Park in Albuquerque and the incident has in fact been verified. Let's all pitch in to see if we can help!
American RV Park wrote:
Thank you for forwarding this information.
Yes, the Motorhome and Corvette are missing from our park and a
report has been filed with the Sheriff's Dept.
American RV Park
Professional Volunteer
Fulltimer for 11 years,

crickeydog
Explorer
Explorer
Chris I hate this for you but the reality is unless you had some sort of vehicle electronic tracking device on both vehicles, you're probably never going to see your MH or Vette again. Within hours of being stolen, your Vette was in a container on a container ship eventually headed for South America. As for the MH, you might see it again if Border Patrol stops it for a drug inspection on it's way back into the US from Mexico. But since it'll be chock full of drugs, the DEA will keep your MH so you'll still be out of luck.

Hope this doesn't turn you off traveling around our great country.

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!:)
USAF RETIRED 02/1992
DOD RETIRED 04/2014

D/W US GOV/DOJ/DEA RETIRED 10/2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRESIDENTIAL 30' SCD 5'ER

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
ALot of folks that have expensive items like this will have the GPS tracking units installed. My neighbor had one on his car and when his daughter got to driving age he could see exactly where the car was with a tracking app on his cell phone... Amazing stuff

Hope the police has some luck finding your things before they get field stripped. Been to Albuquerque many times in my work travels and it is a nice place with lots of history behind it...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing I can do to help. I just want to say how sad I am that your visit was ruined by thieves. I know that it will color your opinion of our nation,please don't think that your experience is indicative of us.

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry Chris I hope you had adequate insurance....