cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table & Chairs

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 2015 Keystone Outback with a table and 4 chairs rather than a booth. I'm wondering what others have done to secure the chairs while traveling. currently ours are secured to the floor using the straps/tie downs that came with the trailer.

first trip out we un-did the straps and used the table and chairs. when leaving it was such a pain to figure out how to strap the chairs back down that once we got it done we have not set the chairs up again.

I'm hoping someone has some sort of a one step system for locking them down.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

safe travel - EM
10 REPLIES 10

Landroamer1
Explorer
Explorer
Mine stay put also
14 GMC 2500 HD D/A 2018 Wildcat 375 MC

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
We have had two 5ers.One was a rear kitchen and the chairs never moved. Now we have a center kitchen and the chairs don't move.Never used the hold downs.
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
X2 on CarnationSailor's comment. How do you know they need some sort of tie down? You could put plastic bags full of `stuff' on each chair or, better yet, a case of something on each.

X5
we don't secure, nor we secure the rocker recliners either. No issues.

Ditto. We don't secure our desk either.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dick_B wrote:
X2 on CarnationSailor's comment. How do you know they need some sort of tie down? You could put plastic bags full of `stuff' on each chair or, better yet, a case of something on each.

X5
we don't secure, nor we secure the rocker recliners either. No issues.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
We never had any trouble with our chairs moving so we never tied them down. It was a non-issue.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ediemarie
Explorer
Explorer
well I never considered not securing them somehow. with the slides in there really isn't anyplace for them to. i'll have to consider a short trip with them not tied down.

thanks for the input.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Our 35' 5er does not have tiedowns for the dining chairs. And in over 20,000 miles have never moved.

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Bunggy cord them to the table, and tell them in a firm voice to STAY.

navegator

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't do anything to secure ours because no hold-down system was provided by the mfg, they are rather heavy, and they are on carpet. In 7000+ miles of towing, they have stayed in place, maybe due to being heavy and on carpet.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax