cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bike hook

MargaretB
Explorer
Explorer
Seven years ago, when we bought an old Class A, we found a bike hook for the back. It looked like a squared-off S-hook; the top part went on the rear ladder and the bike hung on the bottom part. It was very simple - lightweight aluminum tubing with a bit of padding here and there, and I paid less than $20 for it.

Unfortunately, we sold it with the RV.

Now we have a TT with a rear ladder and I'm looking for a similar hook. All I can find are high-tech ones for $75 and up.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to, and where to find one? Camping World no longer has them. Neither does Amazon.

TIA.
Two retirees. Perpetual newbies. Techno- and mechanophobes.
2015 Tracer 230
2014 F-150 XLT EcoBoost
2 REPLIES 2

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have far more faith in your ladder than I do!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
MargaretB wrote:
Seven years ago, when we bought an old Class A, we found a bike hook for the back. It looked like a squared-off S-hook; the top part went on the rear ladder and the bike hung on the bottom part. It was very simple - lightweight aluminum tubing with a bit of padding here and there, and I paid less than $20 for it.

Unfortunately, we sold it with the RV.

Now we have a TT with a rear ladder and I'm looking for a similar hook. All I can find are high-tech ones for $75 and up.

Does anyone know what I'm referring to, and where to find one? Camping World no longer has them. Neither does Amazon.TIA.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/ladder-mount-bike-rack/85024 $44 bucks

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-and-Motorhome-Bike-Racks/Stromberg-Carlson/LA-102.html $54 bucks

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.