cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanksgiving Camping...

MJO21
Explorer
Explorer
Tammy had to work yesterday so I spent the day cooking and loading.

Loaded up this morning and drove to Branson. This is our first trip with our first camper. It was a nice 4.5 hour drive through very little traffic. The last 30 miles was gut wrenching. Those Ozark Mountains are really mountains!!! We made it to Compton Ridge campground and we are all set up. Kids just got out of the pool and we are getting our turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, and gravy ready for dinner.

Well crap!!! I forgot the freaking turkey!!!!!!!
8 REPLIES 8

TXcampingfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we camped for Thanksgiving at Davis State Park in west Texas. I did the crockpot turkey breast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. This year some friends with kids the same age as ours invited us to Jellystone at Canyon Lake. Jellystone provided the turkey and everyone brought the sides. So many neat desserts and sides to choose from! Went back to the RV and took a nap. No clean up, no mess...loved it!
Gin & Mike + 2 TD (tax deductions)
2009 Fleetwood Fiesta Bunkhouse
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
We are camping in SW Georgia for Thanksgiving with another couple. Their dream has been to have spaghetti for Thanksgiving so that is what we had. Fun times.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Twice (3 years apart), for Thanksgiving, at Lake Amistad we boondocked for 3 days. We baked a pumpkin pie, cooked the turkey (cornbread stuffing), mashed potatoes, brown gravy, sweet kernel corn, green beans, clover dinner rolls, special-recipe fruit salad, etc. We ate big on Thanksgiving Day, and fished the other two.
I scanned an ole photo:

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
We are in Mandeville, LA (FontianeBleau SP) and it is packed! Many families cooking out, Bonfires, and watching the Football outside. We are normally at our winter home in Rockport, TX by now but we got slowed by funky weather. Never knew that this weekend was camping popular. Enjoy your trip and stay safe.

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are at Zion and it is gorgeous. Got up at 7 and did the Emerald pools hike, the shuttles are running again. I have two turkey breasts (totalling 5#), in the pressure cooker, the stuffing is in the oven and the garlic mashed.potatoes are on the stove. Blueberry pie, hot out of.the oven for dessert.

oven

bogeygolfer
Explorer
Explorer
Some of our best camping memories have been on Thanksgiving camping trips! Garner, Lost Maples, and Inks Lake State Parks in Texas have been the best. Enjoy!
2002 KZ Sportsman 2405
2005 Duramax
1996 Foretravel U295

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
Spam goes good with anything. Have fun...that's all that counts.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds great. Make those memories.

When we were campers,(now Full Time,) we spent every Thanksgiving camping. It was such a nice four day weekend.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006