cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Coronavirus

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
What are your opinions on travel this summer and the Coronavirus? What about campground functions etc.?
55 REPLIES 55

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're, DW and I, heading out for 10 weeks beginning June 16. We tend to camp at off the beaten track locations anyway and as stated here will practice prudent hygiene so I don't see a problem. We'll be a little more careful when picking up supplies and visiting interesting shops along our route. We will just continue to be aware of our surroundings and to live and enjoy life.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Life goes on. RVing is low lisk IMO. We spend most of our time outside away from crowds. The biggest risk is the weekly or bi weekly trip to the market. Hardly a crowd intensive place.

A 3 1/2 month 6000-7000 mile trip planned for us. Travel as normal. A few crowd events planned but all are outside. Our biggest risk is 2 plane rides to get to our RV storage place.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
It gets annoying listing to the press 24/7 on this, but makes people think twice about their actions, surroundings and possible future travel plans. That I guess is a good thing, as this will pass

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
Bipeflier wrote:
Good Lord, a few hundred people have died in the entire world from this. over 16,000 have dies in the US alone this winter from the flu!

Wash your hands and get on with life. Turn off the news!

Have you seen the rate of deaths with people over 65 years of age, its high, even if you do get sick and survive it can leave you with lung and other internal organ damage..

The younger you are the better you will do with the virus even if you get sick..

Lots of seniors are going to die from this, don't take it lightly and don't believe the death rates coming out of China..

How many of these had immune problems and could have died from the flu instead?
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox

pbeverly
Nomad
Nomad
When it is your time to go it is your time to go.

We were in DC the Spring after 911 with our 3 young boys. When we were there, there was a panic of a chemical attack on the subways. That was pretty much how we got everywhere, took the car out once the entire week. We decided to keep riding the subways. We figured if it was our time to go, oh well. If we cheated death by skipping the subways we figured God would get us back as we traveled home on I-95.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just talked to a couple of doctors (relatives) today. They agreed: "Yes, this is very serious. High fatality rate for seniors (which includes me). But what are you going to do -- hide in a closet? Just avoid big crowds, wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, and live your life. You ARE going to get this virus, sooner or later."

Not a cheerful message, but realistic. The world is not going to end. But the next year or so will be miserable for a lot of folks, especially us older ones.

I'm going to go camping as much as I can -- why not?
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Nv_Guy
Explorer III
Explorer III
As already said, the flu kills more, so I am not worried, haven't canceled any plans. Just follow good hygiene practices.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a new truck, Crowe. Does that qualify?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of seniors are going to die from this, don't take it lightly and don't believe the death rates coming out of China..

Lots of seniors die from pneumonia and complications from the flu every year. If you read and comprehend you will see that those who have died from COVID-19 had underlying health conditions. Unless you have issues to start with I wouldn't be so paranoid. Practice good hygiene and live your life. In 2017, 7700 seniors died in car accidents. You aren't selling your car or RV are you?

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Did anyone change their camping plans in 2009 during H1N1 outbreak? Millions infected, a few 100,000 deaths worldwide. Nuff said, I'm going RV'ing and turning off the news and media!
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or avenue, Mitch. Not on my cul de sac, please.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've got my camping reservations set for 2020.. Gonna go unless I die first from whatever can kill me before then... Which is just about anything if I decide to go outside... Like going to work, going to the store, stepping into the shower... Who the hell knows what is gonna kill ya outta the blue???

I've seen my 401k drop because of all of this hype... Great! So, I'll just die later on if I somehow survive this because all my money is gone and I become homeless and just die on the street... ๐Ÿ™‚

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
No reason to change plans. Just take steps to not get infected. Wash your hands often, donโ€™t shake hands with anybody, use straws to drink when dining out. Donโ€™t let people touch you. The same things you should do to avoid the common flu.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

reubenray
Explorer
Explorer
I leave on a three month-7,000 mile trip in 5 weeks.
2017 Newmar Ventana LE4037
2016 Chevy Equinox

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
About 40K die on our roads every year.

About the same die in hospitals every year of stuff THEY CONTRACT IN THE HOSPITAL!

I will NOT be attending Burning Man or Woodstock this year.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.