cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Monitor System

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
About a year ago I purchased a tpms from Truck System Technology for my new Nexus Class C. The manufacturer installed it for me. I've been pretty happy with the system.

Recently they upgraded their sensors from a "cap" style to a "pass thru" style. No longer do you need to remove the sensor to inflate the tires. I purchased the new sensors and they were gracious enough to offer me a rebate if I returned the old sensors. Pretty good deal.

I ordered them, but had a problem getting them working right. As luck would have it, a recent trip took me very close to their facility in Cumming,GA. I stopped by there and Mike helped me calibrate everything.

Great product, great customer service. Highly recommended.
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB
9 REPLIES 9

golf_bears
Explorer
Explorer
True about the "slow fill" and "sticking out" with the pass through sensors. I had to put 90 degree extensions on the RV wheels and 180 degree extensions on the outside dually wheels. Everything working great now.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
powderman426 wrote:
After reading the results ie slow inflation, I think I will go with my original plan which is to add a second tire valve on the rims 180 degrees from the original. Of course this will have to wait till I have a reason to change out the tires. As I have said many times. The worst TPMS is way better than none, and I will never tow again without having one.
You could do that I suppose but since you have to unscrew a valve stem cap anyway, why not just unscrew the sensor? KISS. I got the flow through but they unscrew just like a valve stem cap.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
After reading the results ie slow inflation, I think I will go with my original plan which is to add a second tire valve on the rims 180 degrees from the original. Of course this will have to wait till I have a reason to change out the tires. As I have said many times. The worst TPMS is way better than none, and I will never tow again without having one.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I don't like the fact that the flow-thru sensors stick out so far. I wanted to transfer the standard sensors to my snowmobile trailer, for winter use, but even they stick out and snow or ice would surely cause a problem.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a different system (forget the brand). Purchased after I drove 300 miles home with a large nail in an inside dual. I have no idea how much of those 300 miles were driven that way, but when I arrived home, I got a big "0" on the tester. The nail was still in the tire, which probably kept it from shredding instantly. I'm a lot more comfortable with it installed.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
So far I'm satisfied with my TST system after about a year of use. I've got the old style with the replaceable batteries. The only issue I've had is once I got an alarm indicating a leak in a tire. I pulled over, checked the tire and everything was fine, ie, no leak. Don't know why it did that.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just got mine installed a couple of days ago and went with the pass through sensors. Now I kind of wish I hadn't. They don't leak, but they really slow down filling the tires because they don't pass gas (HAR) very quickly. There is a lot of restriction when trying to add air to the tire. They make checking the tire pressure easy, but it is quicker to remove the sensor, add air, and then put the sensor back on than to add air through the sensor. If you're only adding a couple of lbs. then it isn't too bad, but anything over 5 PSI is a slow process.

That being said, it is a great system and super easy to set up. I love it so far.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST 507 system and love it also. While I like the idea of the pass through sensors I am concerned about having an extra valve that could leak. Has this been an issue for anyone?
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a system about three years ago at a Redmond, OR rally and have been very pleased with the performance. I was not aware of the new transmitters but thanks to your post I will research the change.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B