Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad Break A Way Switch

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Ford Flex.
I mounted the BAS under the front bumper. Lasted a few years.
Got knocked off last night. Hit a concrete curb. (some are higher than others) Not the first time.

I hate to cut any more grill work on the Flex. Going to se if Incan install it where base plate is mounted. (not on it)

Any suggestion???:@
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+
5 REPLIES 5

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
Teddyu
Sound like a good ieda.
So dang much plastic on these cars today.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

teddyu
Explorer
Explorer
My breakaway switch is mounted on a bar that sticks out between the hood and the grill. When not in use, the bar rotates to hide under the hood. JM2ยข...
Ted Fulltiming in the DreamCatcher a
2008 Challenger 371PE on F53 w/ 2010 Cobalt
R'V there yet?

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
willaid
We have a 2010 Flex.
Also I use a Roadmaster base plate.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've always mounted the break-away actuator in front of or just above the base plate, never below. Can see how putting it below could lead to a problem on some vehicles.

The Kia van we used to have, the breakaway actuator was actually just glued in place with strong epoxy. Was glued to the bumper fascia, was not mounted to the base plate. Worked fine that way, except that it was not easy to get off when I removed the actuator before we traded it. You think about it, the actuator would only get pulled real hard on ONCE at most, after which you'd probably be re-mounting it anyway. Soo, it doesn't have to necessarily be bolted to the frame with 10" titanium bolts. ๐Ÿ™‚

We just traded the van I just spoke of, for same vehicle you have, a 2014 Ford Flex (just last week actually, haha). Am curious to hear how you solve this, as we haven't yet set up the Flex for towing, and not sure yet if we're going to or not. We presently tow my 2013 Ford Fusion, the new Flex will be DW's everyday driver. Very nice car, BTW, we love our new one.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer
rvten wrote:
Not the first time....Any suggestion?

Don't pull into the parking space so far OR not the last time either.

Tim