cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toaster/convection oven

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
My wife does not like our rv oven so I am thinking of getting a Farberware convection toaster oven. Any one else use a toaster oven in lieu of the oven??
28 REPLIES 28

Opie431
Explorer
Explorer
I have a table under the awning that I put the toaster oven on when I want to use it. Fits on a bunk so it does not take up cupboard space.
When our microwave goes I will replace it with a convection oven.

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
If you have a built-in microwave, replace it with a microwave/convection oven. It will do everything, including cookies and cakes.

For those who boondock without power and need that roasted chicken, try a beer-butt chicken on the grill. You ram a beer can up its butt (still filled) and stand it on the grill. It is so moist and tender!

I tried this once, but it made the beer taste absolutely awful....:B
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a built-in microwave, replace it with a microwave/convection oven. It will do everything, including cookies and cakes.

For those who boondock without power and need that roasted chicken, try a beer-butt chicken on the grill. You ram a beer can up its butt (still filled) and stand it on the grill. It is so moist and tender! Or if using coals, use the indirect method, put the chicken in a pan and cover tightly with foil. We grill more than using the oven.

We purposely ordered our motorhome without a gas oven. We got three nice deep drawers instead. We've never missed the oven.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
We just tried out the new toaster convection oven we bought yesterday. It did a good job of cooking a square pizza the only complaint was the timer was a bit slow. Maybe with time it will loosen up....

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a toaster oven years ago because we thought it would get more use than it did. It was rounded in the back so that you could fit a pizza in it. I checked the height so I knew it would fit in a cabinet when not in use. For us, it didn't get used enough and was removed.

I always save old bedding (sheets and pillow cases) for use in the garage and covering furniture. The pillow cases are great for storing items like the toaster oven.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
When we were looking to by an RV, the oven was one of the first thing DW looked for in the kitchen, no oven, no need to look farther, no sale.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
The DW is a certifiable FOODIE. She has almost all of the galley toys & she uses them. The oven is a must have as is the toaster oven. The microwave is the only underused appliance. Most of the time it is only used for storing bread though occasionally potatoes will be cooked in it.

Heavens, as a bachelor I would starve to death without my microwave. In my sticks and bricks I don't ever use my stove, or oven. I plan to throw the whole thing away this winter and put a counter with storage in it's place. I have 2 Nu-Wave induction cookers, a microwave, and a convection / toaster oven (that I'm not all that impressed with). Since I don't need to cook things like a whole turkey I can't see any reason to have a big oven.

To each his, or her, own.
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
The DW is a certifiable FOODIE. She has almost all of the galley toys & she uses them. The oven is a must have as is the toaster oven. The microwave is the only underused appliance. Most of the time it is only used for storing bread though occasionally potatoes will be cooked in it.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Bob Vaughn wrote:
My wife does not like it because it is too hard to light.....
Leave it on. (pilot)
I would love to, but my oven pilot is noisy, (sounds like too much air).
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

GrumpyGator
Explorer
Explorer
oughtsix wrote:
Breville is probably the best top of the line toaster convection oven. I have one on my counter at home and never use my built in oven at home... well except maybe a turkey. The Breville is expensive but it is definitely worth the price!

X2 on the Breville
2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
oughtsix wrote:
Breville is probably the best top of the line toaster convection oven. I have one on my counter at home and never use my built in oven at home... well except maybe a turkey. The Breville is expensive but it is definitely worth the price!

X2

We use one of these in our 5er in conjunction with a convection microwave. Between the two of them, we no longer use the LP oven. It worked fairly well with a stone in it, but, our sticks and bricks has a convection oven and a convection microwave, so, the DW is quite used to using them. The Breville, however, handles "browning" or "broiling" much better, as well as making the best toast I've ever been able to produce on any other device. Between the two of them, the oven has now become a large storage device for pantry items...
My 2 cents, your mileage may vary...

Don
Bronwyn
Down to 1 kitty...J-Lo, the princess

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk Towed

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't have a regular oven and don't want one. I have a microwave/convection that I use all the time.

joegray
Explorer II
Explorer II
So what do you guy's do when you are in a campsite that has no power? We have only a convection/microwave oven in our new (to us) 5er and I am going to install a propane oven when I have time. Love oven roasted chicken,,,

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bob Vaughn wrote:
My wife does not like it because it is too hard to light.....
Leave it on. (pilot)
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman