cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet upgrade advice

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
Our family is looking to upgrade to a different toilet. I really do not know any other way to ask this question but we would like a replacement toilet, that is long enough front to back, that would allow a person to do both "things" at once without learning a new yoga move. Any suggestions are appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
dee74 wrote:
I measured from the back wall to the center of the hole in the toilet, did I take the wrong measurement?
The rough-in diagram should show which measurement to take.

I found the dimension to the back wall is a bit overstated.. you can get by with a couple inches less. I ordered the bigger model from Amazon, found it was too big, returned no problem for the 302310173.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
AFAIK, they are all 10" rough in from back wall.
-- Chris Bryant

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
OK now I am questioning my measurements. I currently have the Aqua Magic V, which according to camping world needs 11 inches of clearance from the back wall to center of flange but the Dometic 320 only needs 10 inches. I measured from the back wall to the center of the hole in the toilet, did I take the wrong measurement?

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
I finally went to my storage facility and measured my current toilet placement. I am inch short from the center of the drain to the back wall according to the camping world website. I have about 9 inches to the center of the drain in my current toilet and this toilet requires 10 inches. Any other suggestions?

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
You can download a Thetford/Sealand conversion chart from my DropBox HERE
It has some clearance dimensions and bolt hole pattern info.

It isn't ceramic but we got the tall (19 inch) elongated Bravura. We didn't have room for a ceramic one and didn't really want the extra weight anyway.
Ceramic does clean a lot easier and doesn't seem to require brushing as much.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions I will look into this model. Does anyone know how much room I need from the back wall?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We replaced out toilet and after I installed it I found the shower door, which swings over it, only cleared it by 1/4"!
So if there's any type of door that opens over it make sure the new toity isn't too tall.

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at PPL website for great price.

Jim

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Skid Row Joe wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Dometic Sealand 320 Ceramic toilet
*Deep Ceramic Bowl for sparkling, scratch-free, long-lasting performance
*Elongated residential style toilet
Sourcing it?

I put one in my Allegro. eBay had the best price, from what appeared to be some random seller but turned out to be Colaw. It should be an easy job in 99% of rigs, but it wasn't for me. The collar upon which my old toilet sat was permanently glued to the black tank and the mounting bolts were not clocked properly. Dometic also makes a kit (expensive for what it is) that will adapt the new bolt pattern to the older style. It raises the terlet up about 1/4". It's already pretty tall, but it doesn't bother me. My family loves it.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Sourcing it?

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
BTY it's an easy DIY job
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31