cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tool For Removing Those One Way Screws ?

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Friend swears there is a tool for removing those one way screws, asked me if I had one. I said, yeah, its called a drill, or a cutting wheel. He still says there is a special tool for it.
Using just a little bit of my common sense, tells me there ain't one,
And there can't be one.
What say you all ?
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.
22 REPLIES 22

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Vice grips

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
seaeagle2 wrote:
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but if you stop by Harbor Freight, they have a couple of bit assortments that have a bunch of different style security bits.

Unfortunately a one way screw is not a security screw. Security screws are designed to be removed.... One way screws are not.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but if you stop by Harbor Freight, they have a couple of bit assortments that have a bunch of different style security bits.
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

Patrick_griffin
Explorer
Explorer
They work pretty good. You need to apply a great deal of force to get them out. If the screw is corroded, the tool doesn't work that great. You will have to use other means to get them out. They use them a lot in school bathrooms.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Well, maybe I was wrong. Anyone know how they work?

On edit, after much research, I'll hold ground on this one.
The reviews on these wannabe removers, range from bad to terrible to none.
I would not consider it a special if it doesn't work.
My common sense still prevails.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
RJsfishin wrote:
Friend swears there is a tool for removing those one way screws, asked me if I had one. I said, yeah, its called a drill, or a cutting wheel. He still says there is a special tool for it.
Using just a little bit of my common sense, tells me there ain't one,
And there can't be one.
What say you all ?

According to Google, there is a tool to remove one way screws. Seems to be plenty listed on Amazon.com, too. I do not know from personal experience, though.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

Moved from Technology Corner