cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Top 5 attractions

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
So because of my great parents, I have been RVing for over 50 years. I have been incredibility blessed in seeing and being in every state west of the Mississippi river. I have been RVing for almost 20 years by myself.

What I have learned over the years is that we live in a very beautiful nation! So I want to list some of the sites and attractions that "I" liked.

In no particular order here we go:

#1. Bryce NP. Just so beautiful! WOW!

#2. Arches NP. Just so cool!

#3. Silver Dollar City AP. Just feels like national pride and a really fun place!

#4. The Bad lands. Just so pretty with all the colors!

#5. Lincoln New Mexico. Sooooooo much history in this town. Like going back in time.

So; there is my list. What's yours? Lets see your list and why you liked it so much!
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln
36 REPLIES 36

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Range Maggot Bob wrote:
Either sitting on a concrete pad watching the barges go by on the Mississippi, stopping to pee in the God-awful hot desert, or high in the mountains of the Sierras- I'm a happy man.

We've watched the barges go by on the Mississippi too. It was mighty hot and humid doing this in August - but we were lounging in an RV park swimming pool watching them go by, so it was tolerable.

As far as a pee in the scorching hot desert is concerned - we have a black tank for that. We'd more likely be pulled over in the heat to enjoy a lunch while looking out the dinette window with the roof A/C on. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Everywhere is my favorite, as long as it's not the parking lot at my office! We've been to so many great places, each one is so different than the other, it really is like asking what your favorite, apple pie or roasted chicken? (both are foods and favorites, but oh so different.)

That says it all for us. Either sitting on a concrete pad watching the barges go by on the Mississippi, stopping to pee in the God-awful hot desert, or high in the mountains of the Sierras- I'm a happy man. (As long as I don't have to go to work)

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
  • Yellowstone
  • Mount Rushmore
  • Niagara
  • Spending a night on the rim of the Grand Canyon
  • Carlsbad Cavern
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
Yellowstone
Outer Banks
Assateague
Black Hills
Huntington Beach State Park,SC

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
docsouce wrote:
#4 Sunrise over the Salt Flats when approaching West Wendover NV on
I80 westbound

Interesting one!

Here's another great display of the sun in action .... try drycamping on Antelope Island in the Great Salt Lake and watch some of the sunsets:

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Having finally escaped the East Coast, where I have spent my entire life, and driving our RV across America twice so far on the back roads this is a tough one. The vast open areas of the Midwest and west are breathtaking. Seems my wife and I are constantly saying "WOW, LOOK AT THAT"!!

#1 Mesa Verde National Park

#2 The Oregon Coast

#3 Craters of the Moon National Monument

#4 Sunrise over the Salt Flats when approaching West Wendover NV on
I80 westbound

#5 In 95 degree weather, coming around a corner and seeing the snow
capped Rocky Mountains in the distance.

So much more, we are truly blessed to live in America..
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
grand canyon( north rim or helicopter tour)
yellowstone
black hills{custer state park)
icefeild parkway( including banff and jasper)
waterton np

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yellowstone
SE Alaska
North Cascades
Glacier
Yosemite, but only in winter

a mountain river anywhere

Luke_Porter
Explorer
Explorer
As you can see on my map I've been a few places.

I'm going to pick ONE----a flight "over the top" of Mt McKinley.
Yep, actually drove to all of these places---in the last eight years. Missed Rhode Island and New Jersey.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Ive only been in few states MI,FLA,NY,NH,Maine,and all thru Canada,,also Europe GB and Japan,,and there are so many nice places in nature,,however what I find more amazing are human made creations such as
Tokyo Sky tree
https://youtu.be/V1tJUGppzVY

Also bullet trains that run at 300kmh regularly and never had any accident in its 45 years of operation..enjoy

https://youtu.be/oSFV-kbOv38

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
My favorite RV camp sites/attractions were:

1. Henry's Fork River
2. Oregon Outback
3. Salmon River
4. Jalama Beach
5. Fish Lake area of Utah

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
1- Grand Canyon
2- Yellowstone
3- Tetons
4- Yosemite
5- Monument Valley

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
blownstang01 wrote:
DrewE wrote:

Letchworth State Park, New York -- This could very easily be a national park. Lovely waterfalls and hiking and so forth. (I also very much enjoyed Watkin's Glen; it was somewhat of a toss-up between the two.)

I live 15 miles from Watkins Glen and 1 hour from Letchworth. I love both places, but don't visit near as much as we should. Funny how we take what's in our own back yard for granted.
How very true, born & raised in Central & northern NY,
and never went to Thousand Islands, a whopping 29 mi. away, until we moved to Va.,or to Niagara Falls, but we're going there come August.
You know what they say, the grass is greener....

We loved both, but I would choose Watkins Glen over Letchworth. Much more to do in the overall area at Watkins Glen. We really enjoyed exploring all the wine, cheese, beer trails and the scenic venues overlooking Seneca lake.

Not in my back yard, 1000 island NP is on our to do list for next summer! :C

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

fly-swatter
Explorer
Explorer
In no particular order
1. Vancouver Island, from Nanaimo north to Port Hardy
2. Oregon Coast
3. Icefield Parkway to Jasper
4. Anywhere I can camp alongside a golf course
5. Radium Hot Springs, Sinclair Canyon
2012 Ram 2500 Hemi
2012 Flagstaff 8524RLS