cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing a CMax

tjholyoke
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone towing a 2013 Ford CMax hybrid? Wondering where you found baseplates. We have a Blue Ox towbar, and had it set up with our 2007 Ford Focus. Looking to tow the CMax, and don't see baseplates yet on the Blue Ox site.
11 REPLIES 11

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought the brackets for my Roadmaster Baseplates from etrailer, much cheaper than anyone else and very good service. Seems to be a totally outstanding dealer.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
the_armadillo wrote:
Etrailer is a great online retailer and often has the best prices on the web. I've purchased numerous items thru them
X-2!!! They will go out of their way to help you!
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

the_armadillo
Explorer
Explorer
Etrailer is a great online retailer and often has the best prices on the web. I've purchased numerous items thru them including several brake controllers and my latest Roadmaster sway bars. Also if you have a part number and an item is not on their site, you can contact them and they will try to get it for you.

tjholyoke
Explorer
Explorer
Ok...looks like I can get base plates from etrailer.com. Has anyone done business with them?

kyhawk
Explorer
Explorer
trop-a-cal wrote:
It may not be towable as it has continuously variable transmission.

The only reason we can tow our 08 Hybrid is because it has a CVT. The regular 08 Escape with the regular transmission couldn't be towed.
Janet & Ralph
2008 Winnebago Aspect 26A
2008 Ford Escape Hybrid

tjholyoke
Explorer
Explorer
I know I can tow it, just need the Blue Ox Baseplates.

gormleys
Explorer
Explorer
Ford has all of their hybrid listed as towable on their fleet website at https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/rv_trailer_towing/2013/2013_default.asp. Their requirements are run the engine first thing and every six hours and keep the speed below 70.

trop-a-cal
Explorer
Explorer
It may not be towable as it has continuously variable transmission.

the_armadillo
Explorer
Explorer
Blue Ox notes something similar on their site as well. They are in Pender NE which isn't all that much closer to you. Scenery is nicer in Oregon.....

tjholyoke
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Fred. I live near Portland, Maine....but that is a far piece from Portland, Oregon! ๐Ÿ™‚

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Roadmaster is always asking owners of new cars that might be towable to call and ask if they have a tow baseplate, if the car is new, and you happen to live near Portland Oregon. In exchange for leaving your car in their shop for 2-3 days, they will install a baseplate for free in your car, if it is on the list of cars they desire to build a baseplate for it.

Roadmaster has this listed on their website.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com