RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Road closure leading to Jackson, WY

Currently US highway 189/191 is closed due to a forest fire from Daniel (north of Pinedale, WY) to Hoback Junction (south of Jackson). Updates may be found at www.wyoroad.info or on the wyoming511 app.

FLA REG FEES

OUCH! recently moved to Fla. and was hammered by their rules. In order to register my 2010 MH you are required to get a new fla title and then get new fla tag. Cost? $450. am told the reason is fla does not have income tax so this is how they make up...

jk31668 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Eco-Boost Towing

currently towing a 5800 lb. TT, (dry wt.) with a 2012 3.5 eco-boost. tong wt. of camper 550. est. another 4-600 additional lb.s when fulled loaded. no problems pulling, climbing hills etc. very happy. put new Michelin E rated tires on this sprin...

AC Needing Reset?

We are staying the week in wisconsin. Our site is only 30a so we're only using 1 ac. This morning when we woke up, as usual it was off. After walking the dog and getting back to the camper, the ac still wasnt running. I first took out my meat the...

Workamping in Maryland

For those who are non residents of, but have worked in MD, how bad of a hit did you take with MD income taxes? I have lived there in the past but not since '68 and we are thinking about workamping in MD for the summer.

Dinghy Towing and brakes

I have a question, we are new to dinghy towing and we are currently trying to find a vehicle that has the capability to tow 4 down. We have a few vehicles in mind, but have a question concerning the brake lights on the toad.One vehicle requires you ...

Sewer smell from roof vent (UPDATE)

If you look at the roof of my trailer the black tank vent is very near the bathroom roof vent (see center Maxair vent and stack vent). Certain weather conditions the smell from the black vent get sucked through the Maxair vent. We generally have bo...

RV Parts in Canada

rv part prices are crazy here, e-trailer for example is like Christmas for us CanadiansI'm pretty sure there is one wholesaler/importer for the entire country and they enforce the "catalog price or nothing" type rule on all of their dealers.so, fello...

Table & Chairs

we have a 2015 Keystone Outback with a table and 4 chairs rather than a booth. I'm wondering what others have done to secure the chairs while traveling. currently ours are secured to the floor using the straps/tie downs that came with the trailer. f...

Bike hook

Seven years ago, when we bought an old Class A, we found a bike hook for the back. It looked like a squared-off S-hook; the top part went on the rear ladder and the bike hung on the bottom part. It was very simple - lightweight aluminum tubing with ...

Black tank problem

Currently at a campground in North Georgia mountains. This morning as I tried to empty the black tank I pulled the handle but the tank did not drain. I have come to the sad conclusion the the handle has pulled loose from the valve and therefore the v...

trailor sway

I'm A new member I like this Forum. I hope someone can give me some advice I just bout a Ford F150 its a 3.5 twin turbo and its very lite 5900 pounds We have a 28 ft. Salem I took it on a short run and it was fine but when I took it on the interstat...