cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailer in Myrtle Beach - flooded or not

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
We had to leave our trailer in Myrtle Beach due to needing an axle replacement. Got the call just before Hurricane Matthew went through that it was fixed and ready to get. Now I am wondering if it got flooded.

Anyone know if the area around Moss Creek Road in Myrtle Beach got flooded? Trailer is at Campers Connection there. Great guys there by the way if you ever need service.

Just concerned as I don't want to drive all the way there from Ontario to find out the trailer was flooded and then need to go home and back again.

Rob
2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller
16 REPLIES 16

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
OFDPOS wrote:
CaLBaR wrote:
Called today and they checked yesterday and no signs of flooding or damage on the outside. So that is a relief. I did ask for someone to go inside to make sure that there was no water inside from the heavy rain. Will know for sure in a day or so

How big is this place ? Is this a one man show ??
Should be a put on hold for 5-10 minutes or at least a follow call back within and hour to let you know.
A day or so wow ??

I guess that's why I have been on nexium now for Gerd for years.
I always tried to treat people (customers) like I wanted to be treated.
I'd put you on hold and go out unlock your tt and do a quick visual both inside and out and get right back on the phone to let you know.

Hope all is good and you have safe travels to go pick up your tt ,,uhm once they get back to you...

Reasonable outfit and well regarded there from what I hear. The store and the shop where our trailer is are about 5 miles apart.
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
CaLBaR wrote:
Called today and they checked yesterday and no signs of flooding or damage on the outside. So that is a relief. I did ask for someone to go inside to make sure that there was no water inside from the heavy rain. Will know for sure in a day or so

How big is this place ? Is this a one man show ??
Should be a put on hold for 5-10 minutes or at least a follow call back within and hour to let you know.
A day or so wow ??

I guess that's why I have been on nexium now for Gerd for years.
I always tried to treat people (customers) like I wanted to be treated.
I'd put you on hold and go out unlock your tt and do a quick visual both inside and out and get right back on the phone to let you know.

Hope all is good and you have safe travels to go pick up your tt ,,uhm once they get back to you...

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
Called today and they checked yesterday and no signs of flooding or damage on the outside. So that is a relief. I did ask for someone to go inside to make sure that there was no water inside from the heavy rain. Will know for sure in a day or so.
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
I can't say for ower on east coast, but we had no issues on the west cost Fort Myers.
Frank.
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dave and minnow. These are my thoughts as well about the water level and the bearings. Just had one go out, hence the new axle. Don't need another problem. Will confirm with the dealer and with water marking if any.

Thanks,
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
If water got to the middle of the tires then you got water in the grease. brake shoes, magnets. I'd be taking it all apart and cleaning it up.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
If it sat in water but the water did not get high enough to get in the underbelly, i would be wondering if any creeped into the wheel bearings. i know in a perfect world that won't happen, but.

The wheels should have a water li9ne on them?

CaLBaR
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I do plan on calling the dealer this coming week to see. Just thought someone on here might be from there and be able to tell me. Guess with the power outages and all the stuff going on no one from there would be on line anyway.
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just call them sometime this week after the water has gone, and the power is back on. The beach area took a beating, most piers were shortened, or collapsed. Not sure what much happened behind the beach.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
Interstate 95 closed in several locations

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yea... don't call the friggin police to see if your toy got hurt. Trust me when I tell you that the police have WAY better things to do right now than to answer that question.

OP, hopefully its fine. If its flooded, that dealer (or its insurance company) will be buying you another one.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
call the local police office and ask.

Why tie up their line for an unimportant call when there could be numerous emergencies due to the storm? You can't change it if it did flood. Leave the police lines open for emergencies. myrtlebeachonline.com is giving out info on storm damage.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call the local police office and ask.

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
If the repair place was close to the ocean, then I say yes the road got flooded. I've seen storm video from the MB area and they took a beating.