cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Utah national parks

quadfifty
Explorer
Explorer
I plan on visiting Utah's national parks this summer. It seems to be a lot of trouble to make reservations. Is it absolutely necessary to make reservations or can you plan as you go? Any advise would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
During peak season you can't even enter some of the National Parks w/o a reservation much less camp. Popular is an understatement. Worth the trouble to make an early reservation, however.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
quadfifty wrote:
I plan on visiting Utah's national parks this summer. It seems to be a lot of trouble to make reservations. Is it absolutely necessary to make reservations or can you plan as you go? Any advise would be appreciated.

No youโ€™re totally fine. The fact that itโ€™s somehow hard for you to make reservations now, in advance, means they have reserved a quadfifty spot at each campground youโ€™ll be going toโ€ฆ.on the day you plan on being there, without even knowing those datesโ€ฆ..
Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer
We visited Bryce Arches and Zion in September 2019. Very crowded. Not an enjoyable trip. Wait at the entrance, wait for the shuttle, wait for the restrooms, almost like Disney World.
I can't imagine the crowds in the peak summer months. Make reservations NOW.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Man, this whole thing makes me so glad I was able to visit these parks back before the turn of the century when it was so easy: just drive in and look around.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I visited the parks two years ago when the pandemic was winding down. As for camping if you are planning on staying at private parks (I did) then make reservations early. If you are going to stay at the campgrounds in the parks its probably to late.

As for getting into the parks I know when I was there it was just starting to get very busy. By that only so many cars were allowed at one time very very limited parking. Plan on getting into the parks early morning.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Zion and Brice canyon Parks are restricted area, parking in the parks is limited. do your home work.
The rest of state is wide open.
We parked the coach, and use the car for the Parks.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been in the Moab, Zion, and Bryce area many times. During the busy months, even the boondocking spots along the Colorado River near Moab are full. Most of the commercial sites are very pricy and also full. Make reservations is you know when you are going to be there.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
My advise would be for boondocking you should be ok. New member for 8 years.. he's not coming back.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
We go to Utah a lot, just remember it gets hot early in some parts last May 11th it was already 94 degrees at Arches national park. We book our camp sites 6 months out.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Very popular in the summer, if you do not you can plan on remote camping most of the time
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks