cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vinyl floor care...?

rehless
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2012 Montana Mountaineer. Looking for a product for the vinyl floor that is fairly tough and durable. The products made for the floors in home( Mop and Glow ) don't last long enough. Thanks, all.
7 REPLIES 7

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
My floors, after 11 years of use were getting quite dull. I purchased a gallon of Red Max Pro#3 a year or two ago, planning on using it on the outside of my trailer but never did. I put it on the floor (a use for which it is designed) and it came out great! It made our floor look new again. It should last a long time as it is a commercial floor product and even if it doesn't, it was very simple to apply. Just pour some on the floor and spread it evenly with a swiffer mop with a new microfiber cloth. I just used one coat but the more coats you put on the higher the shine.

Red Max Pro used to be sold by Lowes but I believe it has been discontinued. The current product, which is exactly the same from what I can find, is Zep High Traffic Floor Finish #3 available at Home Depot, Office Max, Lowes, and probably many other places.
Here is a picture of the finished floor.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
We take our shoes off and leave them outside the door if the weather is nice, or inside the door on the floor met. Its a lot harder to track in sand that way.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
I put 3 coats of commercial floor finish on our floors in the trailer and the camper last year. Haven't really checked them yet this year, waiting for yard to dry up a bit before I drive over it to get to either, but the floors looked good last fall. You should be able to get something from Home Depot.
Barely used any of the gallon jug, but that is how it is sold. Then your Mop and Glow should keep it looking good.
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

westend
Explorer
Explorer
All vinyl sheet flooring, premium or economy, has a clear vinyl wear layer on the finished surface. It will get scratched and gouged with sand and rock, there is nothing you can apply that will be harder than the minerals. A silicone surface treatment product is the toughest you can get. Look on the label for "silicone" in the list of ingredients.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

rehless
Explorer
Explorer
Guys, this is a very thin floor, low quality. The problem being, we go to Mexico once a year, to the beach. The sand wears the shine off the floor. There may be no cure for this, but stuff made for the home is not working.

ams1130
Explorer
Explorer
Certainly could be mistaken, but I thought most modern vinyl flooring didn't need any type of mop and glo type thing, just water and maybe a drop of all-purpose cleanser. I just put a bit of vinegar in my mop water at home; nothing any fancier in the RV.
Ford F150
2014 KZ Sportsmen S242SBH

restlesswind
Explorer
Explorer
All we use is warm water on the vinyl floors, in the stick and bricks, (when we had one) and the fiver, for the last 9 years.
'04 33.5 CKQG Hitchhiker Discover America
04.5 Dodge 3500 CTD SRW
Pac Brake,Max Brake
Fulltimers since '06