cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water pressure regulator?

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
Everyone using them? Ive been a week in wisconsin and everyone around us didnt use one. I did, had terrible pressure.

Now on the way to Tennessee, our stop in IL, no one is using. I am, no pressure issues.

No longer needed or what?
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE
30 REPLIES 30

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
On the rare occasions when I have water service, I don't use one.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
tpi wrote:

IMO water heater expansion in closed system is at least as much an issue as high city water pressure. I highly recommend an expansion tank or letting a faucet drip when first heating water.

I thought that that was what that lever/spring thingy was supposed to prevent.
bumpy

If you're fine with 150 PSI it will.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
If you are concerned about flow rate, as I recall the one I got from Lowes had something like 3/4 inch pass through.

I got it set at 45.

ckwizard777
Explorer
Explorer
I have the WATTS regulator with gauge and what I do is check the water pressure when I get to the campground.
If it's below 60 psi I wont bother and if it's over 60 psi then I will hook it up.
I have been to a few campgrounds with water pressure over 100 psi and while you get fantastic showers with that much pressure it will severly tax your water fittings and most likely start dripping in places.
Ken & Deb
2008 Montana 3400
2007 Chevy 3500HD CC,LB Dually 8.1

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Found one of the adjustable regulators with guage on Amazon for $40.00. The cheap CW or other RV regulators did not have the pressure or flow to make us happy.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

stetwood
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
I didn't own one until I acquired a water leak at a crimp connection. Was it due to high pressure? I will never know but I do use a cheap regulator (restrictor) now.
The restrictor reduces the gallons per minute, but does nothing for pressure. Instead of having a 3/4 hole for water to flow through, you now have 1/4 inch or less hole for the water to flow through, but still at the original PSI.

stetwood
Explorer
Explorer
thirtydaZe wrote:
Everyone using them? Ive been a week in wisconsin and everyone around us didnt use one.
Generally the wells in Wisconsin are set at 30-60 psi. We had problems when we went west and found that the psi was between 80 and 120.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
tpi wrote:

IMO water heater expansion in closed system is at least as much an issue as high city water pressure. I highly recommend an expansion tank or letting a faucet drip when first heating water.

I thought that that was what that lever/spring thingy was supposed to prevent.
bumpy

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
I use a pressure gauge to monitor the pressure at the spigot. Use a y with the gauge on one side and hose on the other. If pressure exceeds 60 PSI I put the regulator on.

When I hook up to water this is also what I do. I've often times had very poor water pressure in campgrounds-down to zero occasionally. I have a 50 PSI regulator which isn't obnoxious generally.

But most of all I just use tank water and refill it. It keeps tank fresh, and it prevents shower dropouts which I've had all too many of..

Sport45
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
I didn't own one until I acquired a water leak at a crimp connection. Was it due to high pressure? I will never know but I do use a cheap regulator (restrictor) now.

You will find out soon enough. A restrictor type regulator does not reduce the pressure at all when the water isn't flowing.
โ€™19 F350 SRW CCLB PSD Fx4
'00 F250, CC SWB 4x2, V-10 3.73LS. (sold)
'83 F100 SWB 4x2, 302 AOD 3.55. (parked)
'05 GMC Envoy 4x2 4.2 3.73L.
'12 Edge 2.0 Ecoboost
'15 Cherokee Trailhawk

Explorer II
Explorer II
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Won't hook up without one. I have the Watts 263A. Not cheap but I get controlled pressure with good flow.
Regulator

X2
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
Halmfamily wrote:
I use a pressure gauge to monitor the pressure at the spigot. Use a y with the gauge on one side and hose on the other. If pressure exceeds 60 PSI I put the regulator on.

Do you monitor the spigot pressure at 2AM ?..:R

Like an electrical surge protector a *quality* water pressure regulator (available at any home supply store) is a wise choice.

Quality = Watts or similar, *not* the $10 cheapie from Wally, or?
(Which is really simply a flow restriction device).

x2
bumpy

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:

Do you monitor the spigot pressure at 2AM ?..:R

Like an electrical surge protector a *quality* water pressure regulator (available at any home supply store) is a wise choice.

Quality = Watts or similar, *not* the $10 cheapie from Wally, or?
(Which is really simply a flow restriction device).