cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

WDH help

deerhunt799
Explorer
Explorer
My tow vehicle is a 2014 F-150 Max Tow. TT is a 2011 Heartland North Trail 24rbs. Brochure (yeah, I know these can't be trusted) tongue weight is 352lbs (UVW - 4980lbs, GVWR - 6900lbs). The UVW tongue weight seems extremely light, even by manufacturers standards (not sure if it's the wider axles?).

So my question is, would the Eaz-Lift 600/10,000 WDH be sufficient? My initial thought is no based off the 10-15% tongue weight rule of thumb. Again, not sure if the wider axles of the trailer truly have a lower tongue weight.
5 REPLIES 5

Stormpeakco
Explorer
Explorer
Once you figure out what size is required, likely the Pro Series RB3 WDH (500, 750 or 1000# tongue weight) advertized on etrailer for $214 with free shipping, would work. The 750 model works well for our 2720 Trailmanor, Durango (TV) and our billfold.
https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution/Pro-Series/PS49582.html

deerhunt799
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, disregard. The CL seller was giving me the weight carrying specs instead of weight distribution specs. They're actually 1000# bars. Thanks!

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
deerhunt799 wrote:
My tow vehicle is a 2014 F-150 Max Tow. TT is a 2011 Heartland North Trail 24rbs. Brochure (yeah, I know these can't be trusted) tongue weight is 352lbs (UVW - 4980lbs, GVWR - 6900lbs). The UVW tongue weight seems extremely light, even by manufacturers standards (not sure if it's the wider axles?).
So my question is, would the Eaz-Lift 600/10,000 WDH be sufficient? My initial thought is no based off the 10-15% tongue weight rule of thumb. Again, not sure if the wider axles of the trailer truly have a lower tongue weight.

Did you find the yellow sticker? It should be there somewhere, Maybe on the left front with the tire info. It will tell you the actual weight of the TT as it left the factory. Including empty propane tanks, and battery.

Having said that. I believe you would be borderline with 600lb bars
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a hitch that would support the trailers GVW with average tongue weight. That would be about 800 - 900 lbs tongue weight.

Depending on actual loading, 800 lb bars could be undersized, so, move up to next weight rating at 1000 lbs.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

morphrider
Explorer
Explorer
Remember tongue weight on their specs do not include the battery, full propane tanks, weight distribution hitch weight. That's easily a total of 250lbs or so. Right there you would be at the max of the WD hitch. Load up, weight the tongue, then buy a hitch. That's what I had to do after buying a WDH too small for my TT.